The true meaning of life

A businessman who’s caught up in the rat race decides to quit his job and dedicate his life to searching the world for someone who knows what the real meaning of life is. He hears rumors of a guru living somewhere in the Himalayas who has the answer he seeks.

The man divorces his wife and leaves her with his three children and sells his house and his fancy cars and all his worldly possessions and uses the money to help him in his search for this guru.The man catches a plane to the foot of the Himalayas and starts his journey in earnest.

He faces freezing temperatures and blinding snowstorms. He faces starvation and sickness. He faces treacherous chasms and frostbite and the constant threat of avalanches. But he keeps climbing and searching for two solid years. Finally, one day he is hiking and he tops a cliff and he sees about 50 feet from him the mouth of a cave. He is weak and near death and he is reduced to crawling on his hands and knees but he looks ahead and he sees a a little campfire glowing and he can just barely make out the figure of a little, wizened old man wearing nothing but a robe sitting on the ground in front of the campfire meditating.

He knows his search is over and he knows the man is the guru he has been looking for. He gets to the man and he cries out, “Oh honorable guru, I’ve been looking for you for all this time. I gave up everything, I risked my health and my life to find you. I gave up my loved ones, my friends, all my worldly possessions to find out what the real meaning of life is. Tell me, oh great and wise one, what is the meaning of life?”

The guru looks at him solemnly and says, " My child, you have found the right person. And here is the meaning of life which took me 70 years of suffering and self-sacrifice to figure out: “Warm biscuits and soak your feet every morning in vinegar and you will be the happiest man on earth”. The man looks at the guru and says angrily “THAT’S NOT THE MEANING OF LIFE”.
The guru gets a surprised look on his face and says, 'Oh, it isn’t"?

6 Likes

Ever seen this?

1 Like

A nice parable @77nick77 . I guess you do yours and I do mine but when we interact there’s maybe some friendliness or magic! I’d take that when it comes to the meaning of all things. Much peace my friend.

2 Likes

Hmm. . .

The True Meaning Of Life.

It’s Simplistic Really.

Do Unto Other’s As You Would Do Unto Yourself. Love Thy Neighbors, Friends, And Family.

And!, Enjoy The Life That Has Been Given To You. Either Spiritually, Or Scientifically. . .

It’s All The Same.

Truth Is Like Iron In The Oceans Of Storms. And Lies Are Like Castles Made Of Sand.

Stay True To Yourself, What You Believe In, And What Connects To You, Your Heart & Energy.

Simple Really.

Eat, Drink, And Be Merry. (In Moderation). And Never Give Up On Yourself!.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :wink:

1 Like

The meaning life is like a soggy pool noodle. The more you squeeze it the dryer it gets and then you drop it back in the water again and its just a soggy wet noodle all over again and then you drop it in the sand and now it’s a wet soggy pool noodle covered in sand and I don’t know what the hell I’m saying :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I was with you until “wet, soggy, pool noodle covered in sand.”

1 Like

It reminds me of the time I was psychotic, and I walked over the boarder to Canada, and was walking to the city of Hope in British Columbia

2 Likes

I used to live on Hope Street. The next street over was Mercy.

1 Like

That must have been one pissed off boarder. Where was he staying?

I walked from Washington state… I crossed it. The road sign turned from mph to km… I got deported twice, and now I’m banned from Canada by court

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.