The true meaning of life

8 Likes

I trust this guy. Look @ his beard+ hair . Yeah I trust him.

4 Likes

The meaning of life is to have such a great quote that the pigeons that crap on your grave feel sorry about it.

3 Likes

Maslow’s hierarchy of needs

Self-actualization is when a person becomes a billionaire, a President, a doctor, an engineer… etc.

3 Likes

A child is born innocent and pure. Slowly the world corrupts that innocence. It’s a shame people have to jump through hoops, read millions of books, do spiritual exercises just to recapture that good nature lost.

5 Likes

Spending a lifetime and resources unlearning bad habits picked up while living in the world seems like a lot of time wasted. Most people read information to improve to reinforce their views or to expand on them. Just a game people play until they die.

1 Like

3 hots and a cot.

What about owning electronics? That’s important.

All of them?..

Owning electronics is under physiological needs since electronics goods are tools to enhance our lives.

Well, the better pieces. I think my favourite item is my pacemaker. I just can’t live without it.

Literally.

2 Likes

Could it be any other way? The first time at Birth, it is given, but once one becomes self-aware, that purity of nature needs to be won back. A genuine desire, and a Rite of Passage?

Yes, I could understand why you would be rather fond of it @velociraptor .

2 Likes

According to Shakespeare’s Macbeth, life is a “Tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

2 Likes

The meaning of life is different to everybody there isn’t any one way or magic formula.
Some people want extravagant, some want simple and everything in between, and sometimes people change their minds. The true meaning of life is indescribable.

2 Likes

Well
For one
I’d like to be able to relax for once.

Stop and smell the roses
Live in the moment
Enjoy the present

Delusions are the obsessive thinking of not living in reality. I don’t believe the delusions anymore but I can’t stop thinking them.

Without the delusions I’d probably think less but my brain prefers to eat up/consume thought. Than shutting the f up. As a kid my mind was quiet. I wanted to think more. Now I want quiet.

3 Likes

I agree that living in the moment is a big part of the meaning of life.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this quote?

So now Watts is famous for his quote…so he achieved beyond himself for telling people there is no need to achieve beyond yourself!

:smile:

2 Likes

“Kneel before me.” ~ Loki

:blush:

3 Likes

Me too. He’s smoking a pipe and that means he put some thought into his statement.

3 Likes