The trouble with medicating mental illness

1 Like

If there was a push to asylums again, they’d be augmented by pharma advances, and there’d be less SZ people on the streets. It seems pretty ideal if it can be funded somehow.

There isn’t infinite money, remember.

Remember, the problems with institutionalization weren’t with the concept of institutionalization in general as much as issues like old, broken facilities, medical malpractice by psychiatrists and nurses, legal issues like proper procedure and access to counsel, etc. “One flew over the cuckoo’s nest” type of stuff. Institutionalization has saved many people’s lives and sanity, it just needs to be operated and funded adequately…

1 Like

I certainly don’t want to be institutionalized. I think that’s awful. I hate being in the psych ward. The workers there couldn’t care less about the patients. They’re down right abusive and mean.

3 Likes

Yea mental hospital is horrible, I was with prisoners and rapists. A prisoner stole my 150$ new Nike shoes. A naked man tried to rape me at night, my roommate beat him up and kicked him out. Ppl were fighting for stupid stuff. Roomate had sex with a girl, I was disgusted. Drug addicts smuggling drugs etc

1 Like

The trouble with medicating the symptoms of Schizophrenia which called symptoms of mental illness or organic chronic genetic disease ,because , the symptoms is treated as a result of genetic disease while in actual reality it is a result of parasitic condition by action of
the factor who is called ( hallucination) which is not a part of the genetic material , the psychological self or the human behavior outputs or even the external influences

If the sz is a genetic disease ,look at the contrary ;
They said ;
1-" they actually treated many of the symptoms of psychiatric diseases such as hallucinations ,…, and disordered thoughts !"
2-" the drugs treat specific disease,much like insulin treats diabetes "

They speaking about the "treatment " and ignoring the speaking about the final cure

Insect bites,snakes,and painful symptoms that arise from contact with poisonous fish,exposure to animal predation and accidents …etc all of this is treated and the severity of the symptoms is reduced without classification these cases as a genetic diseases !

This means that,any kind of symptoms can be treated medically whatever the kind of the disease (genetic,viral ,bacterial or insect bites ),but the cure is the core of the question !

The improvement in the severity of the sz symptoms as a result of medical treatment,it does not necessarily mean that there are genetic / chemical roots for schizophrenia ,because this improvement is similar to the improvement in people who have been exposed to the bites of the insects !

In the genetic disease,there is no final cure from the disease ,and the symptoms are coming and disappear only by medication for a while ,and this means that there is no final cure from the symptoms too !