The top 10 signs of schizophrenia

10 Symptoms of Schizophrenia

The top 10 signs of schizophrenia are:

Delusions (believing things that are not true)
Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there)
Disorganized thinking (can’t keep thoughts ordered)
Disorganized speech (e.g., frequent derailment of the conversation, loose associations, or talking incoherently)
Agitation
Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior (e.g., childlike “silliness,” resisting simple instructions, odd or rigid posture, repeated movements that serve no purpose)
Lack of drive or initiative
Social withdrawal
Apathy
Emotional unresponsiveness or lack of emotional expression

Do you agree with these? If not, what would you take out and put in its place?

2 Likes

How about #11? Going to bed without setting the alarm and figuring I’ll just magically wake up in time to go to work. I was an hour late to work this morning.

2 Likes

I think #12 is going to have a half hour nap after supper and waking up three hours later. Oooops. My sleep is going to be so arsed up tonight now.

4 Likes

Thank you, Firemonkey, I needed to see this. I’ve been having some doubts about my diagnosis recently, and wondering if I’m sz at all. But I can pretty much cross off everything on that list, so I guess schizphrenia still is the box I fit into.

Not at present but historically I can put a check-mark against delusions.Currently- some difficulty ordering thoughts. One day it can be easy to gather my thoughts,and another day not . Social withdrawal certainly. Lack of drive and initiative- certainly .I have great difficulty thinking of goals, and have little ambition. Emotionally flat is how my stepdaughter described me at my 1st psych appointment here in Wiltshire . The pdoc said this can be an effect of the antipsychotics .

I have only symptoms mentioned from #6

Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior (e.g., childlike “silliness,” resisting simple instructions, odd or rigid posture, repeated movements that serve no purpose)
Lack of drive or initiative
Social withdrawal
Apathy
Emotional unresponsiveness or lack of emotional expression

i agree with delusions and hallucinations as the primary symtoms buti never experienced disorganised thinking or speech and wouldnt read much in to them

Agitation is new to me, I thought it was caused by my Abilify. I guess Abilify just worsened my agitation.

Without meds I have all, with meds I have 5-10.

I experiences all including thought and speech disorder without meds. My parents couldn’t understand what I was trying to say because I mixed 2 or more unrelated subjects together in one phrase.

I have all except catatonia and disorganized speech. Though my thoughts are pretty disorganized. I can still speak mostly fine, except i stutter a lot now.

Without meds, I have no.s 1, 2, 7, 8, and 9. With meds, I have only 2, 7, 8, and 9. I never did have catatonia or disorganized thoughts or speech.

I have all of them except disorganised speech, catatonia (except for short periods maybe I do) and lack of emotions

Apathy and lack of drive is big problem for me. And social withdrawal

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.