The time the faithful did me dirty

so there i was hiking through some vampire town in kentucky. lagrange was the name of it. as your walking through it you can’t help but smell all the fast food and kfc in the air, as the people zoom by in their cars.

anyways i got through the business section and was starting on an incline when a women pulled up to me and asked how i was. i said fine, she offered me a ride but i declined, then we got to talking a little more and she said she was with the church, and if i wanted i could stop by for some soup. well for some reason, against my better judgement i agreed. she told me where the place was and it was just about a half mile up the road to the right.

so i get there and they warm me up some beef stew. it wasn’t long before they started in with their questions. “what’s your name” “where you headed”. well i wasn’t really in the mood to tell the christians my business, as i was just passing through. so i refused to answer their questions. the pastor went into the other room and i thought nothing of it. by the time i finished my beef stew. the cops where there with the same questions. spent 2 weeks in jail on that one.

ill never go in another church again. i’ll pray in private if im so inclined.

5 Likes

my 2 weeks in jail were rather mundane. i was sent to population, there were probably 8 of us in a room, one inmate all he did was talk about cooking up meth, another was into harleys and had a spider web tattooed on his arm. there were 2 dominant males in there, one controlled the tv, he watched a lot of mtv teen mom and also i remember watching ‘half baked’ on comedy central. then there was one lone african american man in there, cali everybody called him, i guess he was from california. looked to be 20’s or 30s, never wore a shirt and he was ripped. he gave me a jolly rancher he got from the commissary. he would do his exercises everyday.

i slept 14 hours a day probably. it was brutal.

when i finally got to court, the judge asked me my business and i told him "im following the stars’ well the judge was not threatened by me and let me walk, actually i don’t think what they charged me with was even on the books, i basically spent 2 weeks in jail for refusing to answer the cops questions. i also threatened to ex-patriate. which im wondering if i will ever make good on that promise lately.

I have no idea what the motive is, to ask you to visit so they can ask questions and call cops when you— don’t want to answer. I only guess strange sense of duty to report people they arbitrarily deem suspicious.

Edit: Like McCarthyism, only not directed at suspected communists but anyone who seems out of place.

1 Like

You were falsely imprisoned. You needed a lawyer. That’s crazy. I’m glad nothing bad happened

2 Likes

i had a public defender. he was kinda cool as i was being released he sat back in his chair with his leather dress shoes propped up on the table, right in the middle of the court room like he was making himself at home. my case never went to trial or nothing , the judge was a good man, and threw out the charges before it got that far.

1 Like

That’s good. But you should never have been arrested in the first place.

1 Like

well, im cursed it seems, i wish i would have never agreed to stop for a bowl of soup.

i always read stories about people hiking across the country and doing it, but i’ve never been able to make it more than a couple hundred miles without getting arrested.

im thinking of trying again. maybe next april or may. undecided if i want to ride a bike or hike. will probably ride a bike this time.

1 Like

Good luck this time :slight_smile: I hope it goes in your favor

1 Like

yeah i think im going to wear patches and stuff and look like a traveller with all the gear this time. maybe i won’t seem so suspicious to authorities that way.

That’s a great idea

1 Like

i often wonder? what if i made it to my destination year’s ago, what would my life be like today?

That’s an interesting question. I wonder if you’d stay long or just a bit before going back home. You won’t know until you reach your destination though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.