The silent treatment

That’s what I tend to end up doing. I didn’t talk to my brother for Ten years while we lived under the same roof and I’ve no idea why.

2 Likes

That would be worth discussing with a therapist. That should be addressed

1 Like

We talk now and we’ve been talking for years. This was from the ages of teen to 25 or something. But lately I’ve been doing it too with relatives cos I’m so embarrassed about my symptoms. Plus they ignorant so I don’t have a problem ignoring them

That’s understandable. I don’t tell my whole family about my diagnosis. Just the ones I trust. The others I see about twice per year

1 Like

The only reason why I would see them is cos my grandma lives with me otherwise I want nothing to do with anyone of them

1 Like

Are they mean to you?

1 Like

They’re mostly ignorant pricks. Have one aunt with sz and my mums sis decided to hide down the road when she came to visit. As if she’s gonna do something. Now that makes me wanna hide from her.

1 Like

They’re not mean to me but they always have a say in how my mum does things with grandmother cos she won’t bath everyday. I mean instead of complaining maybe they should bath her.

1 Like

True. They should help out

1 Like

They should but they don’t do anything but complain. Then once I told them grandmother doesn’t listen and she said ignore. Few minutes later grandmother started annoying her and I didn’t see her ignoring it. I spend my day here. She’s got annoyed after spending 30 mins with her.

1 Like

I wish I could make it better for you, but I don’t know the answer. I’m sorry you deal with that

1 Like

It’s not her fault she’s old but she won’t accept outside help other than mum. I know thank you for listening though it’s helps a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.