The scariest drive I've ever made in my life

I am going on 2 hours of sleep for the past 2 days. I was hit with a BAD sleepiness spell while driving back home from the sleep doctors appt (who was useless btw, waste of money) and was falling asleep and hallucinating the entire drive back. That is the first time in my life I haven’t been able to stay awake on the road. I had to pull over and nap briefly but that barely helped. I am so glad I made it back safely.

3 Likes

I hate to say this, but maybe you shouldn’t be driving.

3 Likes

Does your town have Uber/Lyft? If not, most places also have some version of a medical motor transport. They drive people to and from doctors appointments, and it’s usually covered by insurance.

Glad you did the wise thing and made it home. Driving while sleepy is dangerous.

Not while severely sleep deprived+ sleep disorder no I shouldn’t be!! I need flipping medication and the sleep doctor was an idiot who won’t prescribe it to me even though he says he’s 99.9% certain I have narcolepsy but my test was flawed so it didn’t show anything abnormal and I couldn’t repeat it due to insurance issues and now I’m moving so he’s like well good luck finding something where you’re moving to and that’s going to take months!! Useless!! I’m so upset!!!

If you KNOW the test is flawed and you HIGHLY SUSPECT the person has a highly debilitating disorder TREAT them!!

I’d get taxis or public transport until you get things sorted. We can all see the danger here, I hope you can too…

1 Like

My license got suspended three years ago for not being on meds.:worried: I can get it back now I just haven’t got the paperwork sorted out. Be careful while driving.

1 Like