The Reason America Is So Deep In Debt

Everybody in our country simply enough expects the government to be Santa Claus. The richest in the country can get low tax rates by buying influence through campaign funding and avoid paying taxes by living just offshore. Some corporations that make billions can find ways to pay nothing in taxes. And a person could create his own charity and get a tax break by putting his money in it. Also drug companies can charge high prices for their medicines by getting the government to pay for them which may not bother you but when I see how much those drugs often cost in other countries it bothers me. I must admit that the lawsuit culture makes it a necessity however as you can sue a drug company like the ones that make impotence drugs for side effects of the medicine. I know melanoma is serious but would it really be ethical to test a drug by putting people under Sun lamps? And there’s all the middle class tax breaks like getting refunds from the government for getting married (which is a big reason gay marriage is an issue), having kids (they pay you for having sex), buying a house, and putting your kids in college. For the poor folks you can sue the government for millions for police brutality, and be paid to have a disability which until recently health insurance didn’t technically even have to cover and sit around doing nothing, and sadly enough there has been generational welfare. The government also pays a ton of money for senior health care, and social security retirement benefits. The Democrats support the programs for the poor and the seniors. The Republicans like to support the military so we’ll remain the strongest nation on Earth and get into everybody’s business. Was it really necessary to send a naval ship into the South China Sea today or invade Iraq a decade ago? Both parties tend to support the middle class tax breaks and the Republicans tread lightly when skimming Social Security, and Medicare. So with all these benefit programs, tax breaks, military interventions, and the providing of such an expensive health care system is it any wonder they are raising the debt ceiling again. I think every American has contributed to it in one way or another.

[quote=“Blizzard, post:1, topic:35070”]
The richest in the country can get low tax rates by buying influence through campaign funding and avoid paying taxes by living just offshore. Some corporations that make billions can find ways to pay nothing in taxes. And a person could create his own charity and get a tax break by putting his money in it.
[/quote]Not if you vote Democrat. Repubs are the ones that continue striving to break taxes & create loop-holes for the ultra-wealthy.

Also drug companies can charge high prices for their medicines by getting the government to pay for them which may not bother you but when I see how much those drugs often cost in other countries it bothers me.
[/quote]The next Democratic president, Hillary, has said that tackling prescription drug costs is on her agenda as next president. She’s the only one that I have seen discussing it & making that change.

I think every American has contributed to it in one way or another.
[/quote]In my lifetime, I will be making under or around $500,000. I have always been in the lower-income bracket. I’ve never been wealthy nor ever will be from an economic perspective. I’m not even a pawn on the chessboard, monetarily speaking.

What you need to do is blame the appropriate income-bracket - the higher & highest economic classes. If they’re not going to play fair with al their millions or billions lying around, then they need to be taxed appropriately. Global redistribution of wealth is going to happen, whether one likes it or not.

Exactly.

Lets throw out the professional politicians and just get a smart person.
Do we really want more of the Clintons?

I could vote for a brain surgeon. Just an honest guy that doesn’t need any more money.

We owe other countries ALOT of money. Especially China. I just hope our debt is fixed and sensible budgets that really address our priorities can begin. As for Hillary Clinton helping America, I’d like to take a step back and say…(I’m not going to support a family government dynasty).

This is exactly what the Bush family is, and what the Clinton family is. They vie to get in power and to implement policies that profit themselves and their respective families.

IF you try to remember, the Clinton family was quite scandalous in the 90s. Billy turned the oval office into a fuckfest. I don’t think that he, or Hillary actually want to help people as much as others think.

People who try to establish royal dynasties in the fields of government are to be shunned and ignored. These types of people I can do without.

Ah @neveragain

What’s up dude?

1 Like

Capitalism is a long time coming - to be dead.

I’m okay, things are going pretty easy.

1 Like

I’m guessing that eventually debt will be negotiated away in some kind of new trade agreement and open border policy… countries policies heavily mirror each other in the “free” world… Just like with the EU… there are going to be things that slowly merge it together…

Just got to make sure the government is decentralized… we still give to much power to few people… the UN is horribly lopsided with the US and China having the most weight…

But I don’t think any nation is going to take to miltant imperialism… the next progressions of human organization will be formed by diplomacy and economics… some of the most scrutinously over analyzed crap… but it will never be a rule by force…

Good to hear man. Glad to see you around.

We sort of need to get rid of douchebags like the Koch brothers.

1 Like

Hah… I’ve heard of these guys but never seen their photos…

At first I thought it was Al gore and stephen colbert from the future…

1 Like

We also have to have a public scrutiny process of investing our own tax dollars at tax time. We should have a choice on what we pay our taxes for and not be excluded from forming budgets through public voting electronically.

The national defense authorization act, (NDAA2015) is a military spending budget that is mainly unknown by the people of the US. When we begin to actually watch these house meetings and see this gross overspending by our leadership and the lifestyle they lead with tax riches it’s truely sort of disgusting.

Americans should have the capacity and choice to be more involved in how their taxes are spent.

We’re deep in debt because we fought two wars and had the George W. Bush tax cut. Then we had a financial crisis where our government bailed out the major financial institutions whose short sighted policies nearly caused an economic collapse. I’m not sure will ever get out of debt, because I see us making the same mistakes again. I’ve heard that we’re developing another bubble in the housing market, and it’s going to be harder for the government to bail out the economy if we have another crisis. This might sound paranoid, but sometimes I think they’re doing it on purpose. The powers that be don’t like having a middle class that can say “no”. Technology and productivity have developed enough that soon every person in the world will be able to live with a good standard of living and not be beholden to power brokers who call the shots. This possibility scares the power brokers.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.