The pull of bad habits

What I learned from AA is that the only way to truly ditch a bad habit is to replace it with a good habit. It’s easiest if you do this one habit at a time rather than trying to do them all at once. My current habit I’m trying to fix is snacking on rubbish. Fixing in two parts:

1. Buying fresh fruit and healthier snacks so there’s no rubbish (crisps) on hand.
  2. Preparing ahead by cleaning and prepping fruit and veg.

I’ve been roasting Brussels sprouts ahead. I’m happy to snack on a bowl of those if they’re cooked and I can nuke them. Same with fresh made pickles if I want a salty crunch, but those have to be prepped a day ahead. Fruit needs to be washed and bagged. Celery and cucumbers cut up ahead of time. If I do this, I snack better. If I don’t, I wind up in crisps or whatever box of crackers Mrs. Squirrel has (I can’t get her to stop buying that crap).

3 Likes

TV, movies, books, games, video games, the forum and walking outside all help me.

read happiness trap. or draw elephant with pinguin

Drawing. Video games. These are some of the things I do. I’m trying to give up drinking. I always have paranoia the day after. So it’s best if I just stop. Plus I’ve been getting trashed. Can’t just have 1 or 2. More like 6 or 7.

2 Likes

i hate my life. i am never improving. my learning curve is going down everyday

I’m sorry I got nothing, all my coping methods are unhealthy in some way… actually maybe blasting music helps me

1 Like

Supplements !

Beta Alanine or L-theanine. They will chill you out in about an hour.

1 Like

Both gave me wicked insomnia :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: I just have a reflexive reaction to almost everything.

1 Like

Are you sure about beta alanine, @everhopeful? Its used commonly in pre-workouts.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Source-Naturals-Broccoli-Sprouts-Extract-250-mg-60-Tablets/2456

You could try this. It calms me down, it kicks in after about 2 hours and lasts for hours.

1 Like

Yes, it acts like a horse tranquilizer.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Sports-Beta-Alanine-Endurance-750-mg-120-Veg-Capsules/13949

But I only use it as a PRN. Taking it continuously leads to aches and pains.

1 Like

Alright. I just knew its in pre-workouts and people get tingling in their skin from it. I might have been wrong, though.

1 Like

Some people do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.