The pub keeps calling

The bar i been going to for the past five years has left a load of voicemails. (im usually in bed by 5pm). Asking when im coming back. Some homeless bloke stamped on my foot last week, so couldnt walk. So i phoned up the bar to send someone to give my card to pay off the bar bill, and the landlady got stroppy. This was 3 weeks ago.

So i barred myself cos a: ive quit drinking and b: i wont be spoken too like that. Anyway shes all nice as pie now - probably annoyed thats shes lost the £150 quid a week she used to get out of me on beer.

So bollox to her i say. Ive lost many freinds over it, and my row with her - and there is no way im going back, cos i will end up pouring guiness down my throat again - with her “jokingly” saying drink faster.

Shes just annoyed cos ive quit drinking - and shes out of order trying to tempt me back down there again. :frowning:

1 Like

That must be so hard, its so hard to quit drinking even when everyone is supporting you. Good luck. Stay strong.

2 Likes

Yeah im trying to stay strong. But since quiting ive frankly lost all my friends who go down there so now im a billy no-mates.

But the landlady was bloody rude. In hindsight - she was only nice when i was spending money, now shes turned into a money grabbing cow.

But what im doing is saving my money i usually spend down the bar towards a ps4 with Vr Headseat - so thats my incentive for not drinking. Thanks for your support - im a stubborn git when i want to be - so with this forum and the CBT im getting, im sure ill cope. rog

1 Like

I think it’s great that you’ve quit drinking. You’re doing the right thing staying away from places that serve alcohol. It’s best to avoid temptation!

2 Likes

Thanks @Moonbeam. In a strange way - shes done me a favour by pissing me off and being rude, cos now i wont be coerced into going back down there. Im going back to how i used to be - and stay in, and have my computer and gadgets to keep me company, and percy, my cat. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How’s Percy doing? Has he settled in well?

1 Like

Yeah he fine - spends most days looking out the bedroom window at the birds, or hes sat ontop of the couch by my head :). Hes a lovely lil boy, im just starting to recognise what his different meows mean. He has the odd treat of tuna and chicken when i cook. He is a great joy to me. He done the odd accident - so ive moved the litter tray closer so he can see it. But other than that all going well. He’s registered with the PDSA so i get discounts on vet treatment should he need it cos im on benefits. Still on a learning curve tho. :smiley:

2 Likes

I lost all my friends too what im going to do eventually when i feel upto it is go to group activities like different arts and craft ones and exercise ones in my area then if i get along with someone there i will ask for their number and ask them out for coffee or movie.

1 Like

A cat is better treatment than alcohol any day! You’re doing so well.

2 Likes

I guess your European.

Why is it such a big deal to pay your running tab at the bar? In USA bars don’t allow tabs, at least in my area.

Your the second person. I’ve heard from Europe sweating their bar tab after quitting drinking. Why not just not pay it if your never going back?

1 Like

Im from UK. And we had an arrangement that i would pay it every other Thursday. She got the arse cos i was a couple hours late - cos i done my foot in. Never did i shirk it - it was paid as soon as her son came over. It was her attutide that stunk. And i didnt sweat it whatsoever - i simply could not go to the bank to pay it, cos i could not walk.

You’re doing amazing being able to quit even after not hearing from your friends as a result. I’m glad you recognize that lady just wants your money.

1 Like

Yeah she did - She was only nice when you was spending money. Her bloody loss - im now healthier in the head and £150 a week better off.

1 Like

I think it’s smart of you not to frequent pubs, especially if you are trying to quit drinking booze.
Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.

Imposing discipline on yourself is important.

2 Likes

Yeah im an alcoholic - have been for years. Im actually off to an AA meeting later this evening down the road. Dont say much - but i find it helpful listening to others. And yeah - the pub has been slagging me off something cronic around town (i have my spies!) so big hairy nuts to them. Lost all my friends - apart from one who i know from the CMHT. But i really could not care less. :slight_smile:

Ive got Percy now anyway. Hes my lil boy. Those other drunks i could not care less about! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m glad you’re so positive about it. Maybe you could make new friends so you’re not lonely

I think you’re doing the right thing by staying away from the pub. They don’t really care about you there. If they did they would support your decision to be mentally healthy. Glad you’ve got Percy. He sounds like a good friend. Hang in there, man. You’re gonna be okay!

3 Likes

Good for you for staying away from the drink! It’s not easy, but the hard work of staying away from it really helps!

Give Percy some love from me, please.

:blush: :cat:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.