The propensity to hear 'voices' in schizophrenia may be established by infancy

6 Likes

Woa. I didn’t realise it was that high.

1 Like

I’m sort of immune. Top 20%. Yay me lol. But bottom 10% when it comes to working or going to school.

Immune to what? Voices?

I rarely hear voices, so yes. I consider myself immune despite having severe psychosis.

I’m not immune to voices, apparently. But, I was for many years. I am at the bottom 10% when it comes to working or going to school. I am all schooled out. I have two nursing degrees and a diploma in cosmetology and I’m one internship away from a certificate in microcomputer office technology. And, I’ve had 13 and a half years of private piano performance and eight years of piano composition instruction. And it’s all worthless jobwise today.

You seem very intelligent and accomplished!

1 Like

Thank you for your recognition, @insidemind.

1 Like

Interesting.

According to the authors, in addition to helping doctors spot people who are likely to experience hallucinations before the symptoms appear or become severe, the auditory cortex may be an area of consideration for novel neurmodulation methods to help patients who already have symptoms.

I started having negative intrusive voices very early. They were really all encompasing and took over. I wish somebody could have helped me when I was young. Possibly I could have had a better prognosis.