The price of my antiviral prescription is up 490%

The price increases of prescriptions is getting ridiculous. The pharmaceutical companies insist they need the money to research and development, but what good is this if nobody can afford the medication?

2 Likes

The prices of meds are outrageous. No one can afford them. We need to do something about it asap. It’s completely out of control

2 Likes

We’re you able to get your prescription?

2 Likes

Your on valtrex right?

2 Likes

Yes, but it’s getting difficult. @Turtle43 it’s Zovirax for herpes.

3 Likes

R and D I can understand but the companies probably spend more on advertising tbh.

1 Like

I’m glad you at least can still get it for now. Are there any alternatives that cost less?

1 Like

I’m going to have to ask my primary care nurse about that.

1 Like

That drug is very cheap if you use a GoodRx coupon in my area. Check it for yours at the various pharmacies in your area.

1 Like

My Dr gave me a bottle of valtrex to use for shingles I only used like 5 out of the big script.

1 Like

Acyclovir is a synthetic guanosine analogue used for treating herpes simplex virus (HSV) and varicella zoster virus (VZV) infections

I’ve heard of this one a lot.

I know a lot about meds should’ve been a pharmacist.

3 Likes

Ouch! I kind of wish that a chicken pox vax was available when I was young.

I used to apply cream on shingles when I worked at a nursing home. Poor people.

2 Likes

You and me both. I tried to get vaxed for shingles b4 I got them, I didn’t qualify I’ve had a spleen removal and they won’t give you live virus vac’s. @ThePickinSkunk

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.