The price of gas is going down but is the price of food?

That is my question 151515

2 Likes

Hmmm…

Probably wrong in thinking this, but I would wager that gas is one of those commodities that will always fluctuate in price— it’s basically a chief barometer as far as economic health in the States is concerned.

To my knowledge, food usually doesn’t get cheaper once the prices go up.

I dunno, never seen it happen, but I am probably wrong.

They might have items “on sale” every now and then, but those sale prices are typically the original price of said item— so not really a good deal.

Also, you gotta factor in “shrinkanomics”— which is essentially when product size gets smaller but the price rises.

That victory garden and biodiesel Benz gets more appealing every year :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

The tax on food in my county went up to 10%. A dollar drink costs me 1.10. It’s really gougey.

2 Likes

Haven’t checked recently, but last I saw, Arizona Iced Teas were still .99 :dizzy:.

2 Likes

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Hell no.

:sob:

1 Like

No - its a separate supply chain.

I’m completely guessing.

1 Like

Step 1 sell lawn mower
Step 2 buy donkey with lawn mower money
Step 3 donkey eat grass
Step 4 drive donkey instead of car

4 Likes

3 Likes

Now that’s thinkin!

1 Like

better yet make donkey drive car and tell that ass to pay for gas

2 Likes

Lower gas prices mean lower transportation costs. It should lower the price of everything.

1 Like

Yes, but what about lower donkey cost? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Haha, I guess grass doesn’t need transported. Is that what donkeys eat? We’ve got plenty where I’m from.

1 Like

It should. I remember when inflation was really wild back in the 80s. Prices stopped going up at a certain point, but they didn’t go back down. Profit taking by the large companies.

1 Like

Yep, one should figure it would be like that.

1 Like

50¢ off gas won’t change labor costs, its just one factor. Im sure even airlines will continue their price hikes to make up for all the labor issues and canceled flights and ticket and hotel reimbursements. The moving parts in the economy are all still haywire.

3 Likes

Yeah the company that makes those is kind of an exception, I saw a news story about it, they’re one of the few companies who are committed to not raising prices.

2 Likes

I think food prices will eventually go down but it may take some time

1 Like

Once a company finds they can charge higher prices they don’t lower them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.