The open secret of thought broadcasting and hearing voices!

i remember when i was getting bad and hearing voices, i was still trying to be a functional adult. driving and working. i got a job at amazon where i was picking product. all day for months i would walk up and down the aisles, hearing voices repeat my thoughts and i thought it was the voices of my co-workers. they were always telling me things like “relax” and “it’s not a big deal” and “it’s fine” trying to reassure me. after so much time i started to think that thought broadcasting is just an open secret and that it is possible to hear other people thoughts. oddly i took comfort in the thought i developed that it was not to be spoken of aloud and that not everyone could hear my thoughts just a select few, who probably hear worse thoughts. i found thought broadcasting to be much like tourrettes or something, where you try not to think anything negative and then by doing so, all this offensive stuff pops into your head. and then try not to think anything offensive, it’s brutal. but after enough time i got comfortable and my thoughts were more normal.

that was the last job i worked, i made it 6 months there. it wasnt the thought broadcasting that made me quit, but the quota’s and boringness of the work.

2 Likes

i was also just thinking how many things i can do at once. you know the old expression “he cant walk and chew gum at the same time” haha, well i can walk, chew gum, and pick adidas apparel, while freaking out that my mind is being read. i like to think i hid it well. except for funny facial expressions i would make trying to force my brain to shut up haha.

1 Like

Thought broadcasting was hell for me the more the voices criticized my thoughts the worse they got and then they said they posted them on facebook and amplied that the entire country knew about my thoughts and a supposed mafia voice got angry at me because of them and screamed at me and made death threats.

3 Likes

Heavy stuff. Glad you’re out of the woods now

2 Likes

I’ve struggled with this for 7 years or so now, at first it was so real. But looking back I see errors in the psychosis that help me retain insight. Best of luck, I don’t envy anyone that has to deal with thought broadcasting/mind reading… It has certainly ruined my life.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.