The only APs left

My case Mgr and I went through all the meds I’ve tried. I’ve tried every atypical AP except Zyprexa and Clozapine. Both have really bad side effects. I’ve also tried several typical antipsychotics. I’m running out of meds. I think I’m going to ask to be put on 2 instead of just one. It’s scary that none of them have worked yet.

3 Likes

hi @ZmaGal. Do you have voices?

1 Like

How do you know they got bad side effects if you never tried them?

4 Likes

You can talk yourself into side effects. Don’t do that.

2 Likes

Only when I see people and they talk to me.

I was going by what side effects are listed.

Out of all the APs that gave me bad side effects, Olanzapine and Clozapine had the least…

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

You should try two aps and perhaps zeprexaaa and clozapine one of em

1 Like

I’m going to bring that up tomorrow at my appointment

Sounds like a good idea

1 Like

You should ask about trying Clozapine. :pig::pig::pig:

My concern with Clozapine is that I get sick really easily and severely so I’d be in really big trouble if my white blood cells drop. I’ve had a uti for 9 months and the antibiotics still haven’t completely gotten rid of it. I’ve been on antibiotics for 9 months and I was just told it’ll be another 6 months.

I see your concern. :hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog:

1 Like

However when you first start you do weekly blood draws for 6 weeks, then every other week, then once a month. So they keep a really close eye on things. I understand why you wouldn’t want to risk it though. :camel::camel::camel:

2 Likes

Clozapine didn’t like me. But that’s not the case with everyone. Hope your pdoc listens.

1 Like

Haven’t you just recently been put on clozapine @roxanna? Did it not work out for you?

1 Like

I was on it for a week but I kept going unconscious and fainting. I’m on perphenazine now. I feel it’ll work.

3 Likes

Good luck with finding a good med to try. I know what it’s like when you ran out of options. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers!

2 Likes

Thanks @Winterblues

2 Likes