The one thing I dislike about family get togethers

Is getting asked if im working or not. It’s embarassing telling 10 plus family members that im un-employed.

3 Likes

The first thing I hate… Family getting together period. Even the thought drives me nuts.

3 Likes

I have a couple of lines that make people laugh when they ask. I either tell them I’m an only fans model or that I make and sell sex toys on etsy. They either get too uncomfortable to ask more, laugh, or if I sell it deadpan enough they think I’m serious and ask more questions.

Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with either of those occupations, it just throws people off who know me.

3 Likes

You are on sabbatical.

4 Likes

I’m just fortunate to be in a family with a long history of mental illness. I mean if I gotta have schizophrenia then this is the family to be in. They are supportive of me because my mom’s sister has schizophrenia, my great aunt had schizophrenia (they called her eccentric), my uncle has schizophrenia so we as a family are well versed in this stuff.

4 Likes

My grandfather’s sister was “eccentric” too, but it’s well known that she was medicated for hallucinations.

3 Likes

I would just tell the truth.
But they haven’t even asked you yet.

I feel your pain brother, theres some questions that are hard to avoid.

1 Like

Honestly I kind of loathe the Holidays because of my brother.
He likes to stir up drama especially during this time.

He called me up on the phone and started yelling at me for no reason at all.

He’s a narcissistic douchebag

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Wave.

1 Like

Thanks @TheCanuk

1 Like

Simple i don’t go to them

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.