The NHS doesn't care

I mean to get an appointment if takes months. I’ve worked in the NHS for years. I was working in a booking office for the past year and an urgent appointment would mean you may be in for a 3 month wait.

2 Likes

I went to see my GP two months ago to put me in touch with a pdoc and I’ve still heard nothing.

I’m getting repeat meds scripts from my GP. If I’m in trouble with my illness I have to get refereed back the physic clinic which last time took 6 months. I have no idea how I’m even alive. It’s same every where shortage of psychiatrists. Who are extremely overworked.

Was an extreme shortage of physic hospital beds here awhile back leading to many getting discharged way to early. Was a large number of patients ending up killing themselves on release. . A very close friend among them.

You’re not alone. Utilize all the other services that are available in the meantime. .If you’re in trouble head to the ER.

Hang in there! It does get better.

1 Like

Try not to get upset. Maybe use the time between now and the actual appointment to write down how you feel and what you want - then go over it and condense it down and by the time the appointment comes you’ll be totally focused. I know what you mean about NHS waiting times and when I was younger and new to sz I would make an appointment and by the time it came through I’d dealt with whatever was bugging me or couldn’t even remember. Take your meds, share your feelings with someone close to you. The people in your circle might be able to sort things for you whereas if you feel unwell, it might just stress you out even more.

1 Like

If you have the money, and it’s urgent, maybe you could go private. It’ll cost a couple of hundred for an appointment probably.

2 Likes

I know it was something that I was considering doing but it’s costly and with no job at the moment its not an option… I got health insurance so I’ll see what my options are at my appointment with my GP. Meanwhile I also signed up for local Minds its nothing to do with NHS I guess but I could do with support. It’s not an emergency but I would like a med tweak but this is taking way too long.

2 Likes