The neighbors dog

I wouldn’t duck with it. If you’re not getting a positive response, move along. There might be something that she smells on you she doesn’t like. My dog can detect a non-trustworthy person before I can. What I mean is, there may be something uncontrollable about you she doesn’t like.

1 Like

If you’re having a dog that large (70 pounds?) that bites after it takes treats from you, you’re probably paddling upstream.

1 Like

Oh thanks alot. lol. I doubt it is that. She has nipped at more than one person in the neighborhood.

That’s not what I meant. I mean the dog might find something about you unsuitable.

1 Like

Animals are unpredictable, some more some less.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, I believe that the neighbors son once mentioned that she was abused in her former home so this is probably part of why it’s so hard to earn her trust.

1 Like

You’re from outside of the pack. Not to be trusted. Especially true in abused dogs.

1 Like

I think that your neighbors should be present and introduce you to the dog while keeping the dog on a leash. The dog seems unpredictable.

1 Like

Years ago me and my friend made friends with the aggressive dog 3 doors down. We got to know him and he let us pet him. He was a guard dog and the owner was not pleased and got rid of him. Me and my friend got the idea it was our fault he got rid of him because we tamed him.

1 Like

He was probably better off with a different owner anyway(unless he had him put down), than an owner that would get rid of a dog just because their dog liked someone.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.