The need for some to dominate is very irritating

I post academic articles in the news section but I don’t seek to give people lengthy lectures. As for him being bipolar I am not really one to talk as I am diagnosed with something other than sz/sz-a . I think the forum is meant for people who have experienced psychosis which can occur to some extent in other diagnoses.
I do wish he would engage in a more down to earth manner though and cut out the need to “professionally” analyse and dissect everything. Not everything needs to be couched in psychologist speak .
None of us comes here to be thoroughly analysed especially as some of the analysing is a little out there to say the least.

1 Like

Too frightened to post anything now :anguished:

@Dreamscape You are not the problem.

I know who it is…

Too right. I know people get intimidated when they brush up against a professional (or one-time professional) user on the forums. Nothing is community-based at that point…it becomes like an awkward encounter with a crappy therapist. To him, all I can say is “Physician, heal thyself.”

WHO IS IT???

2 Likes

(ahem)…Sorry, I just found this cool Gif site and I’ve been toying with these moving pictures over the last few days.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

In case anyone is wondering why I made this public. I did post asking the mods to stop the person making false accusations (NB continuing to accuse me of saying that psychosis/schizophrenia was wholly down to genetics ) but I got no response. If I had got a supportive response there would have been no need to make this thread.

2 Likes

No, but probably on some level do the same. Usually when I’m aware I’ve gone to far I do take some time off though. As @SoitGoes was trying to say. None us are exactly 100% stable here.

You must know who.

I like those gifs, don’t get me started with them.

1 Like

Ditto. As I said earlier, my idea got bounced by the mods too. @firemonkey just happened to open that particular can of worms, so I took decided I’d air my grievances too.

I figure maybe someone being negative is just having a difficult time and leave it at that.

Ive had people say that they hate me and never take part in their posts then a week later one of those people gave me one of those nice post acknowledgements,because I don’t always look at who’s posting I just answer the question so I inadvertantly posted on their thread but it worked out OK.

1 Like

I am diagnosed with bipolar for now, but my last DX was schizoaffective - Honestly my current diagnosis is up in the air.

I know who you are referring to @firemonkey - Try not to let it get to you, but I know its difficult ignoring someone on here.

For the record, I have asked about getting an ignore feature on here, it would make things a lot easier.

1 Like

Passed it upstairs. Above my pay grade. And that’s IF I had a pay grade.

Gave @SzAdmin a heads-up and I’m sure those involved will hear from him when he has a moment (d00d is busy with stuff in meatspace).

The crux of the problem being that the makers of the software powering this community (Discourse) have no interest in adding that feature. They feel it would break how their software works and they reject all such requests rather vigorously.

Pixel.
(Volunteer moderator who is staying out of this fight.)