The motivation to change the world stops when you grow older

Is it true? It´s my case. I had big dreams when I was younger. I would spend hours and hours doing what I was passionate about.

Now, a day without any setback is a good day.

They say it´s very difficult to become good at something when you grow older… Maybe it has to do with brain plasticity. It´s weird the ways how we feel it tho…

2 Likes

I still have a desire to change the world. I daydream about making a big discovery etc.

7 Likes

I remember when I was a kid going to school, and during the lessons, completely abstracting myself practising guitar in my head. Only to spend whole afternoon doing music.

For me it’s true. I wanted to save the world, but not that I’m older I want the world to end.

1 Like

To me, the notion of “saving the world” is mainly to find and impress my dream chick.

But now that I know who she is, I don’t think I need to go to that length.

But I might end up shaking things up anyhow.

1 Like

I realized that the best way to make the world better is to make my community better.

3 Likes

Maybe because when you’re younger your full of potential…but when your older your full of skills.

When you’re young you dream a lot, but when your older you spend more time making a change then thinking about how you can make a change

Just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

I never wanted to change the world. Ive just kinda done my own thing and let the world sort itself out lol.

I guess for me changing the world is something simple like saying hello to someone when you walk by them on the sidewalk.

3 Likes

For me it’s things like doing volunteer grad photo sessions for kids from poorer homes. Coaching youth archery. Supporting the local school lunch program. Volunteering when and where I can (e.g. software training for the local womens’ shelter). I’m trying to be a small but positive ripple in a large pond.

:blush:

5 Likes

Yes Local stuff is great. Too many folks want to do some huge world changing thing when they could do something nice right in their neighbourhood :blush:

3 Likes

Good on you!

I used to volunteer for my local charity shop.

They say if you want to make a difference start in your backyard first.

3 Likes

“Bloom where you are planted.”

"Think globally; act locally.

3 Likes

" I’m not trying to change the world. I’m not looking for a New England. I’m just looking for another girl ".

4 Likes

My dude! You gotta love Billy Bragg.

:joy:

3 Likes

…could have guessed you’d pick it off the quote! Kudos my friend…seen him a couple of times live and such an amazing artist!

3 Likes

However, world’s motivation to change you is relentless.

1 Like

I’m 63, and I still have dreams of becoming a great writer that puts forth stupendous ideas and influences humanity for the better. I don’t have much else in my life besides my dreams. It’s not bad. I have a good ability to keep myself entertained just by daydreaming and having flights of fancy. I sometimes wonder how I will feel about the life I have led when I get old and frail. There are times when my life seems empty. I think a great many of us will have to deal with that issue. People often regret the mistakes they made when they get older.

2 Likes

Not in my case. I was doing hours of work a day when I was younger. Now I don´t have the energy…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.