The minimum amount of meds

I saw someone post that their pdoc has them on the minimum amount of meds. Back in 2020 when I switched to Abilify, my pdoc put me on a really low dose of it. He’s tried to cut my AP once before this, but I will start having positive symptoms. What’s the idea behind reducing your meds?

1 Like

It’s to reduce side-effects. I’ve tried lowering my dose before without succes.

2 Likes

Too many meds are bad for liver.

1 Like

Thanks @Jonathan2 @Om_Sadasiva

2 Likes

I’m on clozapine and they have to check my plasma levels to make sure I’m not over a certain range as there is a risk of fits

2 Likes

Thanks @shellys12. I’m taking 15mg Abilify and 60mg Cymbalta. This seems to be the minimum amount for me.

1 Like

I recently thought about trying Geodon, but I was put off by warnings about cardiac side-effects.

1 Like

I take 819mg every three months injection of invega trinza and risperadone 6mg every day so I probably take a pretty good bit but i was in a very dangerous place for myself before my current meds dosage.

1 Like

Minimum of effective doses should be standard practise

Oh wait, that was before Covid-19 when pdocs actually had time to provide safe care for people on APs

5 Likes
  1. Fewer side-effects.
  2. Lessens chance of getting TD.
  3. Lowers risk of cardiac complications (I’m on Geodon).

Having some manageable positive symptoms are a worthwhile trade-off for me.

2 Likes

Thanks guys @Mr_Hope @shellys12 @Sweatpantslounger @velociraptor

3 Likes

Thanks @Joker 15

I was considering Geodon the other day but was a little put off by warnings of cardiac side-effects. May I ask what dose you take? And does it help sleep?

My pdoc reduced my meds bc I have a lot of side effects from Geodon. I’m now on a total of 80mg per day down from 120mg. She lowered it as much as she would allow. Now if the side effects still bother me I can switch medications going forward.

1 Like

I take 5mg abilify and it keeps me stable. Im prescribed 10 but 10mg gives me heart problems

2 Likes

I kept mine low in the beginning. Kept trying to come off because I wanted to fly again. I was really sick and suffered needlessly for years. I needed more meds.

It took me a long time to figure that out and come to grips with it.

1 Like

Thanks @TomCat. I’m finally stable too.

1 Like

Thanks @ThePoet @SpringRose @Mr_Hope

2 Likes