THE MATRIX everything you need to know about computers

A computer computes, it doesn’t run or play or calculate. Anyways when you have Questions ASK HERE !!!

Plenty of computerenthusiast here.

1 Like

What is a workstation, is it expensive and can it be kept on upgrading ?

1 Like

Ah! That’s great!

Okay, I probably - again - missed some modern technology common sense thing. But I bought an SD card for my camera. For some reason, it has two. The normal one I’m used to. And a baby-size minuscule extra SD-card. What am I supposed to do with that?!? I put it in the gap in the big one and hope that’s right? Why did I get two instead of one? What uses the tiny SD?

1 Like

Yes, its a computer terminal, and like computers it can be upgraded. Its in an effortable financial range for computer enthusiasts.

1 Like

Sdcards come in different sizes for different sized sdcard slots. You answered your question within the question. Similar to different sized simcards.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Why did Hal9000 want to sacrifice human life and thus disobey the law of robotics? :wink:

1 Like

HAL. Shift the letters one to the right, and you get IBM ! :astonished:

7 Likes

lol I looked at my keyboard and went J S ; and thought no!

Oh you mean alphabetically. :smiley:

2 Likes

HAL is actually an acronym message from aliens that means Have A Lolipop :scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

3 Likes

The better cameras can write to two cards simultaneously. This protects you from losing images if one card fails. Or they can write to once card and then the next to save you from having to swap cards in the middle of a hectic shoot. My R5 takes two types of cards: Standard SD and also the new Compact Flash format. Those are expensive but support much higher write speeds than SD. Important for 8K video.

2 Likes

He was obeying the zeroeth law.

-ba-dum-tsh-

2 Likes

Ahhh… thanks. Now I can put my mind to rest and not be puzzled about the logics of this anymore. That makes sense.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.