Schizophrenia.com

The lonely battle

So @sledneck did that answer your question, or just confuse you further? Learn some coping techniques, apply them Faithfully and you will see progress. This has been my own personal experience

1 Like

I can see why meds are the go to solution. I’m not at all trying to downplay the extreme torture that is sz. It is not unimaginable for me to think there are people who need or want meds, and are helped by it. I’m not trying to condemn that choice at all, or any results that come from it. For me, I still need time to consider them, and not be judged for being hesitant. That, for me, would be ideal. Thanks for letting me see some of that here.

2 Likes

Believe me when I say, I wish meds did do something for me. If I could just take a pill, and make these bloody annoying voices go away I would do it in a heartbeat.

But meds just don’t seem to work the same way for me as they do for others. It’s the same as CBD oil. Some people claim it as a miracle cure for aches and pains, I’ve tried it and it does nothing for me. It doesn’t mean that I discount the relief than others get from it, it just means it doesn’t work for me personally

1 Like

Absolutely. Thank you. It’s been a huge comfort to hear you guys talk about these things. The last few years I’ve had all of this Bottled up inside of me. The only person who knows is my daughter. Everyone else just thinks I’m on drugs. Yeah, I’ve actually disguised my bad episodes as a meth addiction. Which wasn’t hard as I did have a meth problem when I was younger. I’ve been clean for 12 years and my family thinks I’m a current user. It really sucks. But I won’t tell them I’m crazy. I still can’t believe it myself. I’m learning alot and with the responses from people like you and some good luck I think I’m going to be alright.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are alot like me. There’s one thing that this thing will never take from me and that’s my dignity and pride. I also am not against meds at all. How can I be? I’ve never taken them and don’t know anything about them. I’m just not capable of declaring myself to that existence. You know, I think that as I learn how to calm the anger that wells up from dealing with this then I’ll be good. Outwardly nobody knows a thing. They have no idea what is going on inside my mind, so if nobody knows then I’m treated as a normal guy and my life is what I want it to be. Dealing privately with these demons is my burden to bear and I will. Those close to me who see some strange behavior, I just make them think that I’ve got a meth addiction. It’s not a good thing and I don’t recommend this strategy at all. It’s just kind of how my journey has gone. This is the first time I’ve reached out anywhere. Thanks for your insight

2 Likes

I’d encourage you to reach out more here. It’s helped me greatly in the couple of weeks since I joined. The people on this site do like to help, and have the best intentions.

1 Like

Thank you for the link. That’s what I’m looking for. Real time positive results. Im a fighter and I will fight till my last breath. I will never take meds and that’s my choice. I have a ton of respect for those that do. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with taking them. If it enriches your life and aids you in your journey then it’s a good thing. For me and my personality, they would destroy who I am, on my mind of coarse, forever. I wouldn’t make it. It ain’t going to kill me. It’s not a good time battling this thing, but once I figured out that I’m on a different level than everyone else, I’ve been able to separate it from reality and as of now I clearly know what’s real and what ain’t. So it’s not to bad. But some of the not real is so damn evil. It’s ridiculous. I’m sure you know all about it. I will check out that link and continue on my journey. Goof luck on yours mu friend.

2 Likes

What you guys who are against meds dont realize is that many ppl on meds were so deep in psychosis that they were completely insane, a danger to others or to themeselves. If they continue without meds they might permanently damage their life and even kill themeselves or worse. Many of us were hospitalized by an ambulance or police for inappropriate behavior or for being a danger for others or to ourselves.

I understand if thats not the case for you, you can try stopping meds. I did stop meds for 2yrs, it was hell, I almost killed my brother and myself. I was crying and hitting walls from the pain of psychosis. My parents called the cops as I was violent with knives saying nonsense and 4 cops brought me to mental hospital. I am a lot better on meds but not to the point of working etc For me having my negative symptoms is a lot better than having my positive symptoms.

Also this website is not really for socializing, its not real life. I have my own friends in real life that I talk to everyday.

3 Likes

So talk about whatever you want with your friends or family. But here on the forum there is good rules like not encouraging others delusions, no politics, no religion, etc

1 Like

Ive had sz since 17 years old and didnt really take meds until 31. It just got worse.

1 Like

You can talk about not using meds. We do not ban people for that. We ban for someone telling another to go off meds. We all are not doctors and telling other medical advice like that is a bad idea.

You can discuss delusions. That is what the unusual beliefs section is for. What we ban is encouraging them. Like telling someone that yes, they are being followed, spied on, having thoughts read.

As for meds, currently I am AP free. With my pdoc’s knowledge. I don’t recommend people stop APs without their doctor’s knowledge and the support of therapy because there’s always the possibility of slipping I to psychosis.

5 Likes

Huh, you socialize here all the time. And, were not all socializing and would like to see change.

2 Likes

Yea when my friends are at work.

Or sleeping n busy.

I just meant fully socializing. Online is limited. I wanted to edit the post earlier but it was too late.

Im not only socializing. Im a change advocate, even more than im able to post. But,it might as well be socializing due to the strict rules.

That’s not even remotely true. I don’t know how many times I’ve tried talking someone out of a delusion that they had on this site. I don’t know if you are making it up or are misinformed but you are flat out wrong.

Can we openly discuss the possibility of some delusions being real? They ae very strict in whats allowable.

1 Like

If you are actively encouraging another’s delusions there is a good chance you will get flagged or the thread will get shut down, yes.

1 Like

Well there you go. They and the flaggers can be very strict in whatw allowable and we cant openlly discuss.

1 Like