The length of psychosis

I have a question for everybody who’s dealt or is currently dealing with psychosis. I hear a lot of folks on here talking about “psychotic episodes”. Now when I hear term such as an episode i think of a brief period of time when things (psychosis in this case) happened and then afterwards the reality was back to normal. For me, I have signs of psychotic behaviour (delusions, hallucinations, intrusive thoughts) all day every day for the past 4 months and It doesn’t seem to be just an episode. Is this just who I am now? Will things never go back to normal again?

A psychotic episode in sz is not really a brief amount of time, because then it wouldn’t be sz. 4 months is a completely normal duration for psychosis, some might even say short. Have you been to a doctor?

In the 27 years I’ve had the disorder I’ve only had 2 months long breaks from at least having some psychosis every day. I don’t want to bum you out but that is a possibility. You may have to learn to live with the voices. On the other hand the meds may stop the voices for longer than that. There is little chance it will go away on its own.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.