The Heart, Dietrich von Hildebrand

Been reading on a book called The Heart. So far it separates the mind from the heart saying the mind is rational and intelligent but living through it will create ego problems, but the heart is more the truth. I have become quite a rational person in life, would say I’m an agonist that just doesn’t know what to believe, but I mostly believe in my abilities to get me through life. I’ve been reluctant to open myself up with thinking through the heart, imho it seem naive for someone to kind of relinquish control like that… then I thought of that opinion and I guess the ego couldn’t be more prevalent in my thinking. Living through the heart also seems quite religious (or spiritual) to me and maybe through fears I’m hesitant to put my faith into this thinking. Im still scatter-minded about it all but It’ll become something to think about moving forward. Any thoughts that relate?

1 Like

In AA some members come to the idea that their thinking is flawed. Members are not going to think themselves into a new way of thinking as easily as they can act themselves into a new way of thinking. For example, an AA member pauses during the day when he doesn’t know what to do, and he merely tried to figure out what is “the next right thing.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.