The Gift Of the Repentant Man

A man had 2 children and a wife and wanted to buy them Christmas gifts. One kid wanted to learn about Meteorology, and another wanted to learn about chemistry. So the man walked out on a very cold, snowy day. On the way to the store he saw a bustling crowd walk past a man with red fingers smoking a cigarette. So he went to the mall complex and bought a weather station, and a chemistry set. He then bought his wife a necklace. He then made one more purchase. So when he walked out of the store he walked up to the smoker and gave him some gloves. The smoker said, “I already have gloves and I’m not a bum. I just don’t want to set fire to my clothes.” The man said, “I have had relatives who smoked and I know how rough they make it on you. I used to tell them to simply quit but it just made them angry and agitated towards me. So I learned to accept it with them. These gloves are fire resistant so you won’t burn yourself using them. This is as much repentance as it is a nice gesture. Have a Merry Christmas my friend.” So the man went home feeling a little better about himself and the smoker went home with warm hands.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.