Schizophrenia.com

The flimsiest excuse

The pilot light must have went out last night. Got home late and tried to wash some dishes but no hot water.
It took me only a few minutes to remember that means an ice cold shower in the morning before work. It’s happened a few times.

I thought a good trick is to remember when I used to swim in the ocean and getting used to the cold water. You don’t think about it you just dive in.

I woke up at 7:30 am and I thought about it and I just couldn’t psyche myself up to take a cold shower that early. And ever since 7th grade my hair gets oily easily and I need to wash it every day or it looks like crap.

So I went back and forth on it for awhile and decided I’d rather call in sick to work than take a shower.

So that’s what I did. Called the boss and told her I woke up sick and she was probably a little bugged but she didn’t sound too mad. Of course that’s what bosses are paid for.

5 Likes

I once tried to call in sick and I screwed it up. I was actually going to drive a few hours in the middle of the night with my wife so she could help one of her foster care clients and she didn’t want to do it alone. But I told my boss I wouldn’t be in and accidentally said something implying I wasn’t sick.

My boss said it was okay. I never called in and I could take the night off. I thanked her.

2 Likes

I guess consider it a mental health day! Nothing wrong with that!

2 Likes

Yeah, I used to miss a lot of days at a certain period. Now, I rarely call in sick.

2 Likes

lol cold shower reminds me of the time i was in boot camp in the army for some months and just to mess with us they cut of the hot water so we had to take cold showers.

1 Like

You could maybe heat some water on the stove for your hair and shower with cold water.

1 Like