Schizophrenia.com

The Fireplace Channel

I think I’ve related this story before. So I pay around $150.00 a month as part of my TV package.

But because of my schizophrenia, the only channel I am able to watch is the Fireplace Channel. I was watching it again the other day, and the log fell to the left…again.

So I blurted out…

“Oh, man! This is a repeat! I’ve seen it before!”

My wife couldn’t stop laughing.

BoldDefiniteBagworm-small

5 Likes

Funny stuff :slight_smile:

My only question would be: Why on earth would you pay 150 a month when you can only watch the fireplace channel? I hope the wife and kids get some use of the T.V. package.

1 Like

Yes.

Hon and the kids watch all kinds of shows and movies…downstairs…out of my viewing way.

1 Like

Check that…

I’m also able to watch the Aquarium Channel, which I put on during the Spring and Summer. I don’t believe the fish are out to get me!

TameBlaringDowitcher-size_restricted

1 Like

I don’t know, some of those fish look pretty seedy :worried:

Seriously though, I know the feeling. I don’t watch T.V. often either…not because it makes me paranoid but because I can’t concentrate on/can’t get into the plots/just don’t enjoy it. Sucks because TV is an easy way to pass the time when your able.

2 Likes

lol!

I like you @Bowens. You’re an interesting and fun poster. I’m glad you decided to stick with this forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol!!! Your funny Patrick!!!

1 Like

Thanks, @Sheryl

It’s just one of those silly but true stories that seem to occur in the daily life of a schizophrenic.

Thanks Patrick! I like you too. :smiley:

1 Like

What made you stay with the site for so many months?

I find most just lurk…post for a bit and then disappear.

Boredom mostly to be honest. I don’t enjoy much anymore since Sz. I can’t find much to do so I pass a lot of time on the forum. If I had a life I probably wouldn’t post here so much.lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a job…family…etc.

I suppose I’m a little different in that respect from other posters. I still find the forum a cool place to kick back and relax on most occasions. And it’s always here for me when I go off the deep end like I did last month.

1 Like

And i really like the interface of this forum…so easy to navigate.

I go to my other sites (Political/ Music) and the layout just isn’t the same…small print…and less functional design.

1 Like

Yeah, the interface is really good. Sometimes I wish we could talk politics though. We are having crazy times in the US right now but we can’t talk about it really. I don’t really visit other forums much.

1 Like

Biden takes over in about a week.

Hopefully things will have calmed down by then.

Thats when I think we might have some issues. All hell might break loose on the 20th. Hopefully they will be more prepared.

1 Like

Biden is pretty old.

I keep half expecting him to come down on an Acorn Stairlift for the inauguration.

1 Like

lol. yeah is pretty old. I don’t know if he can make it two terms. He would be 86 years old by the end of his second term. If he gets a second term Kamala Harris may get a shot at running things.

1 Like

i loved it when we would see the guy poking the fire. good highlight

1 Like