The FDA accepted a new drug application for the novel binge eating disorder drug dasotraline, a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals announced

@anon90843118 have you heard of Dasotraline

https://news.sunovion.com/press-release/sunovion-announces-acceptance-us-fda-new-drug-application-dasotraline-treatment

About Dasotraline
Discovered and developed by Sunovion, dasotraline is a new chemical entity that inhibits presynaptic reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine in the central nervous system (CNS). It does not stimulate neuronal release of dopamine and norepinephrine. Dasotraline is currently being investigated for the treatment of adults with moderate-to-severe binge eating disorder (BED). Dasotraline’s pharmacokinetic profile, characterized by an extended half-life, supports its potential for sustained control of moderate-to-severe BED symptoms. The company’s New Drug Application (NDA) for BED is under review with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Sunovion is evaluating other potential indications for dasotraline, including attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Dasotraline has not been approved by the FDA for any indication.

2 Likes

Hey thanks @TheBest for the interesting article!
it is the first time I came across this drug
hm this line put me off the drug a bit though, don’t need some drug increasing my dopamine levels in the CNS…but it’s cool to see what they are coming up with nowadays, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to ask my doc about this the next time I see him. I have been prescribed meds that have raised dopamine before.

1 Like

best of wishes with it @thebest, it does sound promising in terms of weight loss, since eating a lot raises our dopamine, so if this can do that, I can understand why you’d not get as hungry

1 Like

Yea I’m so damn hungry all day long. I eat over 3,500 calories. If it made me a little less hungry I’d be happy with that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.