The experiment of the cannibal beets!

so a few years ago, i got this idea. that what if vegetables want more of themselves so they can become bigger and more nutritious. so i bought some beet seed and sewed them in my raise bed, then i would go to the grocery store and buy beets, juice them and fertilize my garden with more beets haha. long story short the cannibal beets were not big at all, which in away relieved me that im not eating cannibal beets haha.

also a couple springs ago, i once again planted beets in my raised bed… this time i basically did nothing, just left them for months in the sunshine and watered them when there was no rain. and they were humongous haha.

so experiment failed! beets aren’t cannibals!

2 Likes

been told many of the growers fertilize them with manure.

I love the jarred pickle kind. Heard it’s good for my liver.

1 Like

i didn’t even fertilize these beets, but i got bagged soil to put in my raised bed, that had a little fertilizer in it. didn’t know beets were good for the liver. they are also supposed to be good for cardiovascular system. a lot of ‘super beets’ supplements, which are i think dried powders you mix with liquid and drink. dont qoute me on this but the beets are supposed to increase nitric oxide? or something and widen arteries i think so you get more blood flow.

1 Like

yeah, me and Phil took the super beets powder for awhile, when drinking heavily. I think it basically says it puts more oxygen in your blood. We’re smokers too, so doubly good.

2 Likes

Good to know! 15

1 Like

Way back when I was a teenager, there was a guy who watered his pot plants with strawberry juice.

I didn’t know this, but apparently strawberries are marijuana’s closest genetic cousin.

I don’t know what to tell you, but his stuff always knocked you on your ass LOL

2 Likes

@Cragger. Lol wow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.