The Exercise Thread!

I managed to do half a hour of spinning and five minutes of sit ups.:partying_face::love_you_gesture:t4:

2 Likes

Walked 4 km at lunch.

Some chunks were pretty sketchy. I wish the town would enforce our snow clearing bylaws. At least only half of the walk was unsafe today. The same route was 95% iced last week.

6 Likes

3.02 kms over 24 minutes around the little, flat block. Feeling good and although my motivation is shite at the moment the routine is helping me. Did arms and chest today which is easier for me anyways. Getting strong and toned up a lot since I started.

Good to see people getting out there and doing exercise when they have been avoiding it. You have to start somewhere. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am restarting an exercise schedule.

Today I went for a 30 minute slow jog.

The weather is gray but not cold.

I wore my gloves and listened to music.

Feels so good afterwards when you haven’t jogged in a long Time

4 Likes

I did half a hour of spinning and five minutes of sit ups this morning.:partying_face::love_you_gesture:t4:

3 Likes

I did 1 mile of walking from pharmacy to home. This evening I do dishes and 63 laps around the house.

3 Likes

Rainy day so no run which kinda sux because I’ve been going well with it. So had a rest day with that but got a back/legs workout done with the weights. I must admit that sometimes my motivation is small but getting into a routine where I do things at a certain time of day helps. Once I start it definitely is easier and feels good afterwards.

3 Likes

Did triceps/shrugs with dumbbells. I thought about buying a weight bench with a 100 lb weight set next month, but i’m not sold on it. Will give it lots of thought.

3 Likes

Ran for 20 minutes on my treadmill today. Ive been doing well with the running but not gonna lie ive been slacking with the weight lifting.

3 Likes

Got in a ton of walking yesterday.

6 Likes

Good job Bowens!

6 Likes

I went for a jog yesterday here is evidence :')

I second that, nice one @Bowens

Walking is very good

9 Likes

Going to the gym today with the drop in I got to with my partner
trying to lose weight and stay fit helps with my mental health too

7 Likes

Going to. I like that phrase. I also think that a healthy body helps with a healthy mind.

I’m going to attempt to assemble my 100 pound punching bag stand today in my house.

I tire of working out my upper body in a gym with some (apparently) crazy people (apparently) with severe post-covid brain inflammation.

Yep. I intend to assemble my punching bag rack today. Then, I intend to punch the bag.

I’m going to punch!

Or, as one might say in Welsh:

Dw i’n mynd i dyrnu!

2 Likes

I got a few punches in on my new punching bag! Yay!

2 Likes

@clint respect, boxing is awesome

2 Likes

This morning I did

Jump squats (love these)
And lunges

4 Likes

Oh wow. Respect.

If you mean what we’re formerly called squat-thrusts, I don’t think I could do those for long. Some of my genetics seem to say that I’m more of a sprinter than a marathon runner. Maybe I can build up some impact endurance on my new punching bag.

3 Likes

I managed to do 37 minutes of pump and a twenty minute walk.:partying_face::love_you_gesture:t4:

4 Likes

I did chores. I cleaned the whole house. I did 1 hour of upper body movements.

4 Likes