The earth will end in 3 days! What do you do? Poll

The earth will be destroyed in 3 days starting today because theres to manny people living on it.

There is 100 % chances of that happening

You have a magic coin and a balistic missile

You can flip the coin 2 times. If it lands heads bouth times the chances of earth being destroyed drops to 30 % if it doesn’t you loose the 3 remaining days.

You can deploy the balistic missile and destroy half the population, including you. But the earth will live 10 more years.

What do you choose

• Toss the coin baby
  • Blew the missile! I might die but idc

0 voters

1 Like

@anon9798425 check my poll out :blush:

1 Like

I don’t think we could develop superintelligent AI in 10 years so I would take my chances with the coin.

But also, this is pretty unrelated to my thread. Unless we are playing split the room for some reason.

2 Likes

Idc either way if the world ends.

2 Likes

You weren’t so great people I would have flagged this anyone wishing to die is a death wish does not have a place on this forum I live in what scenarios I would say that with temporary paranoia and should be moved to the delusional area

1 Like

Hehe no its just a question without a real ethically correct answer.

Like the one you put. (at least thats what your question reminded me of)

Prisoner dillema or the cancer patient were good ones.

If i had the time i could make something similar to those

2 Likes

Yes they’re both fun ethical dilemmas, but I was more interested in how people feel about valuing pets as much as or more than human lives, and whether a lot of people do the same.

1 Like

@DrZen what are you saying exactly? Anyways, the reason I wouldn’t mind the world ending is because it would end my suffering, but also all human suffering. Life is suffering (imo).

1 Like

Honestly i have little attachment to either.

But i would rather make a family happy (if i had to choose)

Than save my dog which is a cool dog ngl

3 Likes

I don’t really care much about individual strangers’ families and lives.
On a societal level I do care. But I wouldn’t lose much sleep if my neighbors lost their baby and I chose not to save it because I had other priorities. There are plenty of other humans and animals to save anyway.

3 Likes

Need to bump this

1 Like

I would not do any of those things. I would simply pray for myself and everyone else.

1 Like

I have live through so many end of the world days. I would say not another one and go to bed to wake up for another day.

1 Like

you sound like Prince, his song 1999.

and he’s already gone. RIP.

1 Like

Don’t keep trying to stir back up drama. No more of these posts.