The dumbing down of Schizophrenia.com

What causes the growing illiteracy here?

1. The continual dumbing down of the educational system.

2. The impact of television and electronic media on literacy in general.

3. The effect of mobile technology on the length of posts.

4. The loss of mature contributions from the Family section of the forum.

5. The inception of the Lounge section and prevalence of posting of music and videos in the forum in general.

6. And perhaps the effect of self medication on the minds of posters.

I have to remind myself that there is no single cause, and that any individual poster I am reading at the moment is certainly not to blame for being unable to communicate to me.

Be of good cheer! It will probably get worse as the years go on. :confused::confounded::laughing:

4 Likes

I think we’re doing pretty well for a bunch of schizophrenics! Just my opinion though.

6 Likes

I forgot to mention that.

I think we’re getting smarter and smarter about that.

1 Like

I’m sure we should all be looking up to you for the question of how to properly communicate. I’m not impressed with your callousness.

4 Likes

I like turtles :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Me too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Happy happy happy! :sunny:

3 Likes

Do you mean individual posts are becoming more difficult to read?

I have noticed more blocks of texts rather than people using paragraphs. And lack of punctuation.

I must admit I don’t read a lot of posts that aren’t broken up into paragraphs and smaller sentences, I can’t seem to cope with that amount of text.

I just thought people might be using mobile sites to write their posts from.

2 Likes

I think I’m a little Aspergers but I usually hide it too well. Thank you for not liking my post.

3 Likes

The people on this site are pretty smart. They just don’t trouble themselves with correct grammar and usage in such an informal milieu. The people at the assisted living center where I live are a different story. A lot of them can’t really even read. Our educational system is to blame.

5 Likes

Ahaha! That’s the most polite response to negative feedback that I’ve seen on this forum. :smile:

4 Likes

I still seem to see some very educational, very intelligent, very well thought out posts still happening. I guess I was too dumb to notice the dumbing down.

4 Likes

You’re very loyal levelJ1. I have to give you that. I don’t know where those turtles would be today without your support.

5 Likes

We’re a bunch of schizophrenics, not corespondents for the Queen.

Is that the best you could do? A ‘Grammar Drama’ thread?

8 Likes

“As the Apostrophe Turns”

3 Likes

lol!

Perhaps the OP had an ‘irritable colon’ when he penned all of that balderdash.

2 Likes

Geez everybody, calm down. Let’s get captain sensible on this.

I come here for the laughs. Life has enough drama.

11 Likes

You had to @everhopeful :smiley:

Anyway it might also be that some of the more exciting characters are having a break form the forum!

Maybe you could tell some highly functional schizophrenics the url, so they can join you in your quest for maintaining the standard of literacy.

I’m sorry I don’t come here to share thoughts on the deeper issues in my life. If something was enormously bothering me, I would. Otherwise, why bore people with it? I save it for my blog.

3 Likes