The dreaded question - "What have you been doing ? "

So which flavors are your whiteners?
I’d probably like hazelnut (but again, I don’t drink coffee at all).
I have a garden behind my parents’ home with quite a bit of fruit trees. Among others, a walnut tree and a hazelnut tree. Yummy :slight_smile:
Does your home have a garden? Or maybe at your family’s ?

It’s just a plain whitener ie not flavoured. As I live on the 11th floor of a tower block I have no garden.

What do you drink then ?

Your turn to ask me something. Could be related to what has just been said. Or it can be something else. Surprise me :slight_smile:

What kind of tv programmes do you watch?

1 Like

I don’t watch tv that much.
Sometimes i watch Discovery Channel or Animal Planet with my uncle. He’s the one who literally devours this kind of programmes.

Oh and tennis ! I’m a diehard fan of Federer, but I sometimes root for Murray too. BTW how is Andy Murray perceived nowadays in England, after he’s won 3 grand slams? (background info: he’s Scot and hasn’t always been viewed in a positive light by Englishmen…)

3 Likes

I watch mainly US crime dramas. As for tennis I’m aware of the stars but don’t really watch it.
I know that Murray was obviously injured in his QF match against Querrey . Becker suggested he should take some time out from playing.

1 Like

Yes Murray was ailing in that match, especially the last 2 sets. I think Cilic in the final against Federer also had some physical troubles. It casts a shadow over Fed’s victory but I am still happy for him :slight_smile: :tennis:

US dramas? Can you give me some titles?
Also, what do you think about the IMDB ranking? Do you find it useful or not? Some people say it is rigged because filmmakers allegedly pay people to give their movie a 10.

How would you rank Federer,Nadal,Djokovic,Sampras, McEnroe, Borg, Laver, Connors, Rosewall?

1 Like

Laver was obviously dominant in every tournament he entered. But in his times there were no hard courts in grand slams at least. Only clay and grass. It’s a pity he didn’t play for many years during his prime.
Also, at their peak, I think Djokovic was the most dominant player of all times. But Federer and Nadal’s longevity largely compensate. Sampras relied too much on his serve. Borg was a beast but sadly he retired too early. He could have set the bar mich higher, had he played into his 30’s.

Isolation is far better than this.

Dramas= CSI Las Vegas/New York/Miami. They have stopped producing them but they are regularly repeated. The Law and order series- Law and order(stopped but regularly repeated; Criminal intent(think that is no longer in production); Special victims unit, Law and order Los Angeles-a recent addition to the Law and order stable.
The original NCIS and the LA and New Orleans versions. Chicago PD.

Then there is the new series ‘Bull’ starring Michael Weatherly who was in NCIS. I’ve watched one episode so far . It was ok perhaps it will grow on me more.

Can’t comment on the IMDB ranking. It’s been years since I visited that site.

1 Like

I am not sure about Djokovic I think he benefited a lot when Federer and Nadal had a drop in form.
Murray should probably have won more slams but some would say is mentally fragile.
Sampras’s Achilles heel was the French open. At the opposite extreme Nadal’s resume is very clay heavy.
McEnroe was very talented but didn’t shine brightly for that long. He was very much a spent force in singles after 1984.

I think Borg retired partly because he realised McEnroe had got his number.

1 Like

I wish I had the patience to watch series again. It’s partly due to my flat affect and anhedonia. I get bored easily. Partly due to me having found this forum where I spend quite a bit of my daily time.
Last series I watched and enjoyed were Game of Thrones (up to season 4 I think) and Breaking Bad.

What makes you like this crime genre? Do you try to guess who the criminal is? Do you feel a strong sense of justice and always want a happy end? Or…?

I think I like the whodunit element and of course the general story lines. Never watched GOT and BB.

Please explain this word as it’s the first time I encounter it :blush:
What do you think about those tennis players you mentioned earlier? Anything that crosses your mind!

I don’ think that much. I don’t watch much tennis and only know what I read.

1 Like

Better than what?
Socialization has rules, just like everything in this universe.
Isolation has rules too. Rule1 be happy with your own presence. Rule 2 be able to take care of yourself. Rule 3 have the guts to turn down anyone who might want to disrupt your aloneness. Rule 4 develop a set of mantras to help you deal with times when you are feeling lonely or helpless.

firemonkey said he wants to socialize more and I took his word for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh now I get it. Yes whodunit. Who’s done it. Cool.

On the same note, I really really enjoyed House MD. An eccentric doctor and his team try to diagnose complicated medical cases. You get lots of clues as well, just like in a crime drama. It requires some knowledge of the medical jargon but nevertheless it’s accessible to almost anyone. The humor is remarkable too. Overall a great series that I can recommend you, if you’re looking for something different:)

1 Like

Actually I’m ambivalent about it. I like my own company a lot of the time but sometimes get bored with it.

The ideal situation for me was going to a drop in where as I wanted I could be amongst company without anyone getting too close to me.

I find that for me a little social interaction goes a long way. I’ve never really grasped the art of making friends/social interaction. I think I’m more than a little Aspergic in that respect.

Ideally for a friendship I’d want someone who could take me idiosyncrasies,warts, and all.