Schizophrenia.com

"The Doctor Didn't Tell Me!"

I’ve heard so many folks lament that the doctor didn’t tell them about whatever. In defense of the doctors, I’ve been to the doctor by myself and with a lot of folks as a bystander, and for many folks, what they want is for the doctor to listen and not the other way around.

I hear from a lot of Moms that their kid is on the depot shot that’s supposed to be good for a month and in reality it is good for three weeks and then disease starts again.

I was under the impression that when I put on the nicotine patch, I would be protected for 24 hours. In my experience, 20 hours would be considerably more accurate.

No one told me!

I am now 25 and a half hours without a cigarette.

Jayster

2 Likes

Well done and good luck giving up. It’s tough but it got easier for me after the first month. I definitely needed those patches for the physical withdrawal though.

1 Like

Yeah congrats on the quitting smoking!

Wish I could quit but it looks as though the only way I could was if I locked myself up somewhere…I have so many factors going against me on this one.

I look at the percentage of people with mental illness who smoke and it’s huge, I look at the percentage of people at AA who smoke and it’s even huger. I have schizophrenia, anxiety disorder and a proclivity for substance abuse…and on top of this I’ve been smoking at least a pack a day since I was 14 years old! Aaargh…can’t stay away from the little bastards.

1 Like

Grats on not smoking.

1 Like

In about one half hour, if I make it, I will have three days without smoking.

My sweat smells differently today. I suppose it is because I am going through changes?

Jayster

1 Like

Your sense of taste and smell changes. I think smoking dulls or even kills taste buds and affects sense of smell.

1 Like

My brother just phoned. I told him how angry I have been the last three days. He said I was sophisticated about recovery and could find my way through it and get the value of out of it. Thank God for the Internet, helping me keep my sanity!

Jayster

1 Like