The coughing. It's just all day and all night

This guy should be grateful that I’m his roommate because no one else would put up with his constant irritating, insane noises.

1 Like

my dad used to cough. I thought he wanted me to read into something so it started to piss me off. why can’t he just come out and say whatever is on his mind? I guess it was just him coughing for some reason although oddly he rarely ever coughs anymore.

is your roommate a smoker or anything?

Oh boy. You doing okay @77nick77? Never a good sign when someone’s coughing starts to bother you.

:frowning:

2 Likes

You said he should be moving out soon-ish anyway. So hopefully you won’t have to put up with him for much longer.

2 Likes

I would not be able to handle that well during night time!
I used to hear My brother shouting at my other brother during the night cos of his snoring.

1 Like

Oh man, I can sympathize with the irritation over coughing/sneezing/whatever noises are coming out of people at any time.

But I’m sure it has nothing to do with you. Is your roomate a smoker?

The thing that bothers me is when I try to ask if my bro has a cough for a perfectly valid reason, he says no it’s “Something else”. I have a feeling he’s gaslighting me in those situations. Does your roomate keep his reasons for coughing to himself?

Idk, sometimes I cough to let off steam.

2 Likes

Hycodan?15151515

He’s a smoker, but, yes, I sometimes suspect there’s more to it than that. So yes, @shutterbug, it may be a bad sign or possibly it may be the another case of someone who lived on the streets and has a violent past who may be using those two experiences of his life to irritate me constantly with an annoying cough. The guy also makes a weird sound with his clearing his throat that is crazy and I heard another neighbor mimicking him so that tells me that someone else sees something in these noises too. @Coldcomfort may be absolutely right when he says its not directed at me, I could agree with that but I’m not going to be collateral damage of someones problems (if that makes sense.) I want power and control just like anyone else.

2 Likes

When I found out my wife has a goiter that is causing her coughing I was able to be less angry with her.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.