Schizophrenia.com

The concept of schizophrenia is coming to an end

2 Likes

The author has been mentioned by MIA three times .

3 Likes

What’s MIA? 151515

1 Like

An anti psychiatry website.

2 Likes

Oh, I see. Thank you for letting me know.

2 Likes

The shift towards describing mental illnesses as dimensions is not anti-psychiatry, and it probably will happen for sz too as research supports the use of dimensions to describe psychosis.

1 Like

I do agree that’s it’s all a spectrum. Even looking at the few of us here that’s obvious. But I don’t know about disregarding the diagnosis altogether.

3 Likes

It’s all in a spectrum.
I think they they should do away with the “schizo” labeled diagnoses and how they are defined.

It’s time for new perspectives.

2 Likes

Some sz symptoms real but some of them is about social insecurity like justice, politic polarization socio cultural perceptions.this unhealthy political environment mimic paranoid sz very well.

1 Like

“psychosis (typically characterised by distressing hallucinations, delusions, and confused thoughts) is also argued to exist along a continuum and in degrees.”

There are clearly degrees in psychosis and subsequent disabilities. I can daily measure these differences at work where some other Sz co-workers are clearly more able to do some complex or hard tasks, not only due to more confident or responsible personality . There is a low profile, under the radar competition between us. My therapist try to avoid me comparing my abilities with high functioning ones. But they tend to overpower the group with arrogance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.