The Concept : Meds made me do it 😅

What is the out off the box thing you have done with meds?

For me doc was trying out meds on me and at the time Risperidone I went on to be so social, I told my doc. I started to interact with people like an extrovert.

3 Likes

Risperidone made me super depressed. I became very depressed and emotional. I had to quit!

3 Likes

Nah mate - Wrong title - its never the meds - its your mental illness.

People are so quick to blame the drugs, without backing it up with imperical evidence lol.

3 Likes

For me it was the meds causing depression. When I took them I became depressed. As soon as I quit, depression vanished. But the meds didn’t actually make me do anything so.

2 Likes

Actually it’s true the evidence was speaking to all actually anyone who pass front of me. But had to drop the med because had sever memory issue.

2 Likes

Then I think meds act differently to different people.

2 Likes

The meds (Seroquel) made me eat an entire Pizza Hut deep dish pizza in less than an hour. I gained 100 lbs in 2 years cuz I wanted to eat constantly.

3 Likes

An entire pizza !! Less than an hour?
100lbs in 2 years that’s hard on you…
The max I have gained weight is 93kg

Yep, Seroquel is good for that. Also good for restless legs syndrome. IMHO that’s the freakin’ worst.

The only “meds made me do etc” I’ve had actually isn’t one. Wellbutrin gave me a seizure, so bye-bye Wellbutrin.

1 Like

Yes meds can radically change your personality sometimes and when they change you from an introvert to an extrovert you probably need to consider going off of them.

2 Likes

@X_Y_Z @Blizzard Antidepressants made me extrovert. Had to stop those. Me and doc were worried I might develop manic state.

1 Like

Sometimes meds can have paradoxical effect. Antipsychotics worsening psychosis. Antidepressant causing suicidal thoughts.

1 Like

Risperdone made me sleepwalk. One time apparently I went to the bathroom when just standing. Yikes, it was embarrassing to find that out.

1 Like

The typical antipsychotics put me flat on my back in bed in a little room. I hate them.

1 Like

Invega made me a swamp of negative symptoms. I sat on my rear for two years and let my life go to ruins. Just a real zombie.

3 Likes

People thought I was smart at work place.
I took my dad to the company I worked.
Dad was happy.
I was also a topper in my training batch.
Unfortunately when I started to work memory loss was bad.
And had to quit company and change meds.

1 Like

Sometime manic state gives good focus, but I was scared once, that whatever I do is right. And whatever was a dangerous thought.

@Niko_Alyxandir I have just heard of sleep walk and it’s shocking.

@crimby yes I was on bed for about 2 months just sleeping and eating.

@anon4362788 that’s bad.

1 Like

APs have turned me from an excited, constantly creative/creating artist/writer/performer to a flat lump, with the occasional sense of humor.

I thought my brains had disappeared, too, but after having several well thought out and reasoned arguments with people on this forum, I realize they’re still intact. Thank god.

2 Likes