The cold, cruel outside world

When I was in the state hospital, we referred to the “outside world” and how we were afraid of it. But I felt no sense of security being in the hospital. I got out as soon as I could. I just wanted to be home.

2 Likes

Psych wards are scary because you’re locked in with people who become violent and start attacking others. I don’t blame you at all for getting out as fast as you could.

2 Likes

It is best to stay at home than in the hospital, even though in an emergency I often feel like I have to go the hospital, this usually happens at night but in the morning I am ok.

2 Likes

I was put with prisoners, mentally disabled and insane ppl talking to a door while opening and closing it. A lady told me that I killed her children.
There was ppl walking nude and sh!tting on the floor in their room.

Others were having sex even in my room.
A black prisoner stole my new Nike shoes. I told security and they brought my shoes back, the black prisoner was mad at me. Mental hospital sucks.

2 Likes

I stayed 6 months in mental hospital after going to court.

What country were you committed in @Aziz?

Canada Quebec. They would have put me in permanent mental hospital for life in my natal country because there is no psychiatrists, meds or psychologists, they don’t believe in mental illness.

3 Likes

What is your birth country @Aziz? That sounds awful!

Syria, Aleppo city.

1 Like

Man, that’s rough. I really feel for people in Syria. They really don’t believe in mental illness? What do they say is causing the behavior?

Not when I was there. I lived there until I was 10, came to Canada in 2000. My mother told me they isolate the mentally ill and insane very far from the city for life.

2 Likes

What do they believe is driving the behavior? Do you know?

That’s terrible @Aziz. How can they keep people there for life?

Its false but they say its from god, bad luck and nothing can be done. They believe that jealousy and other ppl’s eyes bring bad luck.

Wow. That’s terrible.

They wear a blue eye necklace and put it in their house to prevent bad luck. My family don’t really believe in it because we’re Chrisitian. Muslims do believe in it and even put it in their cars to prevent car accidents.

1 Like

Wow. Superstitions can have a powerful affect on people.

Yea especially in poor countries.

1 Like

Its government controlled, not sure if there is doctors but they might be giving them sedatives to calm them. New meds take decades to reach poor countries like Syria.

1 Like

Even new meds in the US take 5+ years to reach Canada. That’a what my psychiatrist said.
But at least our healthcare system is free and meds are very cheap, gov pays 75%.

1 Like