I hope they stay there
And never come back
So now the weight is dropping
And my head is clearing up
Goodbye carb dealers what more can I say
Your poison is no longer welcome here
And it’s a brand new day

1 Like

I tried a hardcore ketogenic diet once, and it was a weird experience. Two weeks into it I had almost no energy, lots of brain fog, etc but the weirdest part was the skin around my eyes started turning yellow and then brown, it freaked my mother out. I think if I ever tried it again, I would just be mild with it, just cut out obviously unhealthy carbs but not go all-out.

I do eat popcorn sometimes and go a little off the diet with the sugar part about once a week. I don’t eat bread though because it’s definitely no good for me. I also eat bananas, oranges, blueberries and occasionally strawberries so it’s not completely hard core. I’ve lost quite a bit of weight (about 20 pounds) but have a long way to go before I could be considered healthy. I have no target weight loss and don’t reasonably expect to look like I did when I was younger because of the drugs I’m taking and my advanced age. Plus it’s definitely not a cure for schizophrenia as the voices continue although at a manageable level. I have mixed feelings about seeing my relatives in a few months because their diet is full of bread and sugar but the enjoyment of seeing my nieces trump the fear of going off my diet because I know I’m able to go back on it when they are gone. It does suck for cooking food which is a pleasure I’ve enjoyed more since I am getting my own food because so many recipes involve bread and sugar and I am running out of new ways to make meals which I know will lead to boredom which may tempt me to go back to the bad stuff but for now I’m holding my ground. I think of how far I’ve come when I hear the drink machine being used outside my apartment and thinking what a terrible thing those sodas really have between 50-100 grams of sugar for 20 ounces.

Yeah I think I went way too hardcore with it, and too fast. I was trying to “induction” so I wasn’t even eating fruit or anything.