Who’s your favorite of the great big four bands from England for classic rock

• Led Zeppelin
  • Pink Floyd
  • The Beatles
  • The Rolling Stones

0 voters

Man can’t I vote for all four?!

1 Like

I should have put a warning in thread title. “May cause indecision “ :money_mouth_face::ghost:

1 Like

@anon35166066 what do you think are the greatest classic rock bands from America. These are clearly the four greatest from Britain. I don’t think anyone can argue that these are the greatest, some people might like black sabbath more for example, but these four were greater in accomplishments and stuff.

USA I say the doors, grateful dead, Janis Joplin, Fleetwood Mac, Jefferson airplane

1 Like

I maybe could’ve put queen in the poll too. Oops.

Yeah the doors for sure. Maybe Hendrix but I wouldn’t class him as classic rock as such. Joplin yeah. Beach boys? (They are more pop)

Personally I would include Neil young but he is Canadian.

1 Like

Lol yeah Neilyoungs Canadian. So is rush. And Carlos Santana is from Mexico!!

Queen is actually British but Freddie Mercury is from Zanzibar !!!

1 Like

Hendrix was American but his band was British.

1 Like

Was gonna say rush!

1 Like

I think the original fleetwood Mac line up was all British too

1 Like

Stevie nicks is American though right?? Seems most of the women singers are American. Interesting I didn’t know that about Fleetwood Mac I thought they were American

I didnt know they were from the U.K…!!! Haha i am learning erryday…!!!

1 Like

The guess who, The Who, cream, Clapton, Donovan,David Bowie, all British.

Bob Dylan and Tom petty were/are American!!!

According to this prior to Stevie nicks they were all British i think

1 Like

Why did Britain dominate the scene so much in the 60s and 70s??? We are used to the United States dominating the media today. But these rock bands of Britain were amazing. Was it just the culture?

1 Like

London was a very cool place to be back then. The scene was rich in music.

But a lot of British folk say the US is indebted to the U.K. for its rock n roll but they forget the Beatles and the stones were influenced from US blues and rock n roll. Hell Elvis was huge.

There would be no British classic rock without US pioneers

1 Like

Well everybody has an influence! It’s true you got to give credit to influence, but I just know with every new music that comes out, it goes back to influence from past artists and bands. No idea is truly original! And I didn’t make up that myself, Nas did.

1 Like

Chew if you had to be stranded on a desert island with either John Lennon or Keith Richards who would it be?!

1 Like
1 Like

Lol are they that bad??? Keith Richards lives 2 towns over from me in Connecticut. John Lennon is dead tho so I’m not gonna say anything disrespectful about him. I wish he was alive so him!!

1 Like