The big question...white bread stuffing or cornbread stuffing?

my wife makes white bread stuffing and it’s ok…here in oklahoma okies like cornbread stuffing…mom will make it for thanksgiving so I get some of both…which do you make?

3 Likes

Whitebread, but my stomach will gladly accept either :wink:

5 Likes

We make white bread. :tropical_fish::tropical_fish::tropical_fish:

2 Likes

I make my stuffing with white bread and cornbread!!

4 Likes

Really hard to get cornbread stuffing here in Wisconsin so usually white bread.

3 Likes
  • 1 corn bread stuffing
  • 2 white bread stuffing

0 voters

1 Like

White bread stuffing for standard turkey. Cornbread stuffing for turducken.

3 Likes

I think my Mom used to make white bread stuffing

2 Likes

Rye bread stuffing…

4 Likes

my favorite chef made turducken…lovely…too much work for me but I always wanted to try it. how is it? @velociraptor

1 Like

Our stuffing is 85% sausage, with some bread ground up and mixed in to give some texture and dry up some of the grease. Add some sage and some turkey giblets and you’ve got yourself one heck of a stuffing.

3 Likes

It’s outstanding - you need to try it. I only made it with whole birds once and that’s too much effort. I do it roulade style now:

There is also bacon, so, yeah. Because bacon.

:pig2:

2 Likes

wow…cool man…no thanks roulade or whole bird…too much for me…I could never afford the ingredients anyways but thanks…

I make mine with a mix of homemade biscuits and cornbread. No white bread for me.

4 Likes

Stove top stuffing mix made with chicken broth. You just bring a can of broth to a boil and take it off the heat and add the contents of the box.

1 Like

We live in ranching country so we often have roast beef for Christmas or Thanksgiving instead of turkey. I’m thinking of doing a stuffed sirloin tip roast this Christmas:

I’m watching sales for a couple of beef roasts.

1 Like

1 Like

I want to try beef wellington for Xmas, but I cannot find beef tenderloin here.