The Ancient Greeks Thought Bipolar Disorder was a Divine Gift

You’re projecting again. I’m doing fine and not in need of your ‘answers’. Sure, I’d be happier if I was med free, but my Sz and the meds I take for it don’t stop me from having a career or being part of my community. I’m splitting the credit for that between modern medicine, a 12 Step program (peer support), and my family. Absolutely no need to worship a culture whose gods turned into animals and raped women, thanks.

Pixel.

1 Like

Which is why they practiced infanticide – letting babies deemed unfit die of exposure to the elements.

"As to the exposure of children, let there be a law that no deformed child shall live.” ~Aristotle

Niiiiiiice.

Pixel.

From post/modern point of view, there are so much problems with Greek idea of Oneness or ‘kalon’ that its better to leave that illusion where it should be - in the past.

2 Likes

Of course Not, especially when we live in such an Enlightened, Civilised & Humane Age. :smile:

Wow, this is becoming interesting.
I’ll bring some popcorns.

1 Like

Get me some ice cream.

[quote=“pixel, post:22, topic:35820”]You’re projecting again. I’m doing fine and not in need of your ‘answers’. Sure, I’d be happier if I was med free, but my Sz and the meds I take for it don’t stop me from having a career or being part of my community. I’m splitting the credit for that between modern medicine, a 12 Step program (peer support), and my family.
[/quote]

Almost everyone projects their own subjective reality onto the World. In many ways this culture is a collective projection.

i don’t have ‘answers’ - am simply very interested in more comprehensive & transpersonal/spiritual areas of life & how that may apply to mental health. i’m very interested in what other people/cultures have said about things - i don’t see that as a bad thing.

i’d also cite modern psych drugs, 12 step/peer support & family/friends for part of my own healing, recovery, progress & quality of independent life - i’m Not negating anything.

Anyway - that wasn’t the point i was making.

I have dreams that push me to paint. I almost wonder if being an artist is the key to success in my life…I seem unequipped to do much else. On meds I don’t feel the fire though.

1 Like

Some people here are seeking systematic controversy. Our very “advanced” and moralistic post/modern point of view has no lesson to give as illustrated by the latest planned parenthood abortion scandal . One brutality is as bad another one.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure those glitches leaving people more susceptible to audial and visual hiccups was misconceived back then as “Divine Ability.”

I also highly suspect this was the catalyst for a lot of your Biblical “Lords” and “Gods”
(as well “Witches” & “Demons” )

Are you saying Jesus was a schizophrenic?

You’re supposed to stir controversy, so nope.
Besides all, you might slip on it…we don’t want that…:smile:

1 Like

Or a “Psychic”; depending on how you want to look at it.

1 Like