The 10,000 Step Club (post your steps)

Boy that was hard today! Just managed to do 255 lengths of the kitchen and hallway -84/83/ 88 which is about 3060 steps in about 10 minutes x 3. Some days it’s like I’ve had an energy drain.

2 Likes

Why don’t you purchase an inexpensive step tracker @firemonkey?
It could help with motivation a bit.

1 Like

I’ve looked at cheap trackers on ebay but they seem to take about 6-8 weeks to be delivered . Looked on Amazon for a good quality tracker using Amazon prime and found on for about £11. Went for the watch option as the clip on pedometers tend to fall off and break. I like my current watch for time keeping so will wear other one on other wrist just to count steps.

4 Likes

Yesterday’s

2 Likes

I’m definitely behind the eight ball this week. Only got about 4000 steps today. Been driving around delivering the flower baskets my daughter sold as part of a fundraiser. Looks like I’ll be doing that tomorrow, too. I hope she’s not as successful selling them next year because this is a pain in the arse.

2 Likes

7,564 steps or 5.59 kilometers in 1-hour burning 550 calories.

I took the day easy and walked instead of running.

2 Likes

I reached my 10.000 step goal at 7pm or so, so my guess is I’ve had at least 13.000 today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

Just passed 6300.

2 Likes

6,887 steps or 5.09 kilometers in 1-hour burning 488 calories.

Hamstrings were sore and my body didn’t feel like running so I walked at a slower pace than yesterday. I also didn’t eat before my cardio session so I had no energy to expend. At least I put in the time to do cardio. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a good run.

2 Likes

7000 steps. Stayed within calorie targets. Worked a full day and got a photo shoot in.

:blush:

2 Likes

Well that was a ■■■■■■■ waste of £11. Just got the pedometer watch and tried it out by walking up and down the kitchen and hallway . Half the time or more it doesn’t record any steps. I thought it might be due to arm movement but that makes no difference. It’s ■■■■■■■ pointless if it won’t count all my steps.

1 Like

Just looked at the instructions . Under ‘margin of error’ it says “When you are walking /running, the hands should swing in the same frequency as the feet, otherwise the accuracy of the steps recorded will not be correct.”

Like how am I ■■■■■■■ supposed to be able to ensure that?

Download a free app on your phone

I haven’t got the phone(one a granddaughter lent me) as the other granddaughter has got it because she bust hers. Even If i I had it I’d have no clue how to download and use an app

2 Likes

I’m being told that a £11/$14.90 pedometer isn’t likely to be much good/very accurate. If so I guess this fitness thing is yet another means for companies to rack up the profits.

1 Like

Yesterday I walked back and forth in my room for an hour. I will probably do the same today.

1 Like

In the mood to give up on this. I can’t accurately gauge 1.5 miles/3000 steps which is supposed to be about what you are supposed to do for the active 10(10 minutes x 3).

oh finally this topic!

4463 today so far
9529 yesterday
and 14183 day before

usually i take 7-8k steps daily IF i do my walking-in-the-forest routine

i use google fit btw

1 Like

I just walked back and forth in my room for an hour. I don’t know how many steps that was, though.

1 Like