Thank goodness for my mom

She agreed to help us buy food after february when the extra food stamps are depleting. Such a huge relief…I don’t know what we would do without my mom’s help…she is so kind to us.

20 Likes

I also have a good mom. I’m glad you do! That’s fabulous news.

6 Likes

oh thank you @MintyFresh glad you have a good mom too. they are great.

5 Likes
1 Like

Finances will likely be much more tight if my parents both pass before me. I pay rent and other things and contribute to the household financially, but it’s not quite like assuming all the bills related to a functioning household.

Maybe I will get a relative to move in with me. Hard to say. Hopefully it’s a ways off in the future.

I’ve lived on my own before but I always worked a lot. Never had to do it on SSDI income. Might need to get a job or something as well.

3 Likes

I might be talked into keeping you as a pet.

:grin:

3 Likes

Moms rule the roost! They ain’t to be messed with. Love my mom so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I am another person with a wonderful mom. She does things to help me and she will talk to me whenever I want to or need to. She is full of love and I want to love her back if I can think of ways.

Unfortunately, she is getting old.

1 Like

I don’t have any family now after mom died in 2018, except for my sister and her family, a husband and two kids.

2 Likes

My mom always love me although she is 74 years old now.

She worked as a nurse in a hospital.

She is a kind, warm-hearted old lady.

She always pray for me and my kid.

Thank goodness for my mom too.

3 Likes

My mom is a workaholic, but she picks up the phone when I call. Usually she’s not that interested in my life though. She just talks about her work.

On the upside she gives me a favorable rent for my apartment which she owns. And we go for lunches sometimes.

2 Likes

Congrats. I hope it helps.

2 Likes

my parents are in their early 70’s. hard to say how long they will be around. probably another fifteen years for my father. mother’s mother is 92 or 93. I don’t know. my fathers brother died in his 60’s and his parents went in their 70’s. I’ll get by but be very sad to see them go. I’d have an inheritance if they did. my father is a business founder and engineer. I hope to have them around for a long time.

1 Like

I’m glad things are working out for you, jukebox. I’m thinking that maybe you could get more SNAP benefits by telling them that you have dependents to feed. You do have people you are sharing your food with, don’t you? But be very careful what you say if you go in to ask them for an increase in your food benefits, because they might say that you should not be sharing your benefits, and they might decrease your allowance. Ask around.

2 Likes

I have a wonderful mum she is 81 and now in a nursing home she doesn’t like it there. Myself and Dad visit every day

1 Like

@crimby yes they give us food stamps for me and my wife both…plus we get food bank boxes every other month…it helps. thanks for mentioning that…good advice.

Only if you really have dependents, like spouse or children. Anything else is fraud. And the more people that live with you, the more uncome they ask to see.

3 Likes

@jukebox, you said on the other thread that you will inherit a lot of money, after your mom passes.
Why doesn’t she help you more now?

1 Like

she does help me a lot…all the time…buys me clothes, covers my insurance for my car and tag…stuff like that all the time…

1 Like

My mum abandoned me when I was 9. Still sore about it.

1 Like