Tesla cars

I like gasoline. Wish they still sold leaded gas for my old cars.

Hydrogen is the most common element in the universe. I canā€™t see it being difficult to harvest. I am sure there are challenges, like every other technology, but the more widely adopted it becomes the greater and the more rapid the advancements. In Quebec, they have already created several fuelling stations. I would hope itā€™s only a matter of time until itā€™s more available

Iā€™m not saying electric cars are a write-off, Neil Young created a hybrid car with his own money, that saved roughly 87% on fuel emissions and ran more cheaply than a gasoline fired engine. If he can do that on his own, imagine what the big three are capable of if they set their mind to it

Guessing you havenā€™t tried it. Hydrogen bonds to a lot of things easily so most of the hydrodgen on Earth is in molecular form. Takes energy to brake those bonds. Itā€™s not like you can mount a Bussard ramjet on the front of your SUV.

2 Likes

Sir Level proceeds to install a Leer jet in front of his scooter :flushed: :blush: vroooom

1 Like

I picked up one of my girls this morning. The guy didnā€™t come through on the paint. Filled her up with gas on the way home. She would love a little leaded fuel.

3 Likes

I tried outfitting a skateboard with a bunch of model rocket engines when I was 12. The ER staff werenā€™t sympathetic over my second degree burns

2 Likes

Is it wrong that Iā€™m laughing at this?

2 Likes

Nope. I deserve it on this one.

2 Likes

and this is why you sir are the goat. :goat: :100:

@shutterbug

The cost of production, and the loss of energy transfer using natural gas to do the conversion, would be the main concern. Itā€™s not that itā€™s impossible to do, I could buy a hydrogen generator online if I had the moolah. Perhaps you know more than I on the topic

Electric cars have the advantage of having fewer moving parts. For example, there is no transmission. Iā€™m sure they will dream up a way to suck you dry anyway, but thatā€™s another topic.

I think both approaches Merit greater investment and research

Correction: according to the documentary that I watched, there was an 83% Savings in gas used by the hybrid Neil Young created. Not 87%

I want an electric car when the tech is more mature. Itā€™s not there yet. Iā€™ll let other people pay extra to be guinea pigs right now.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree, the tech is not there yet.
Wouldnā€™t waste my money on one now

I agree with you, the infrastructure isnā€™t there and the prices are going to be ridiculous until they are produced on a much larger scale. The technology will move light-years within 5 to 10 years

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering about the number of battery chargers available in the U.S. and the length of time it takes to get your batteries fully charged.

Tesla superchargers can fully charge a Tesla in 45-50min.

2 Likes

And this charge can give you up to 652km range.

1 Like

That is a long time compared to gas cars, and I donā€™t know how they can improve it.

2 Likes

Superchargers are much faster than home chargers though. Home chargers have less voltage, 220V and take 8hrs to fully charge a Tesla.

1 Like

Theyā€™re making steady improvement in batteries, and there are new technologies that can probably speed that process up.

1 Like

2 Likes