Tell me of this is fair

I told my fiance I stopped my meds. Shes very upset with me. But she went off her own meds a few months ago and didnt tell me until way after. Kind of seems like a double standard.
I’m not handling relationship stress well right now either.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Why are you going off meds? That sounds dangerous

3 Likes

I am so happy today. It isn’t fair on the others. Some day you will learn the right thing to do. It’s called experience.

1 Like

Yeah I’m just saying I cant be held to standards she wont keep herself. You know?

I just dont think I have sza anymore. I think I faked it or exaggerated it or something.

1 Like

Oh I agree she shouldn’t of gone off meds without talking to everybody. But you shouldn’t either. Does your Pdoc know you’re off meds?

The reason you don’t feel like an SZA is the meds working, it’s common for a lot of us to feel like we faked it. I myself do. But going off meds and risking that all coming back just doesn’t sound good to me

Edit spelling

2 Likes

You can always go back on meds. It takes usually a months to get psychotic again. Insight is important. Hopefully you know your positive symptoms.

1 Like

Seconded. If one person makes a bad decision in a relationship, that doesn’t give the other person license to make the same bad decision. You know it’s irresponsible and dangerous, and trying to excuse your actions by saying she did it first isn’t fair or right.

3 Likes

Yeah you’re right. I guess I’m just peeved that shes taking it so personally. I mean I was worried when she went off meds but I wasnt /angry/ like she is right now. Shes pushing me away but I think shes just over whelmed.

I called my pdoc and left her a message and told her why j quit them.

1 Like

It’s also possible that quitting meds isn’t working out so well for her, and she’s worried about you going through the same pain she is in.

1 Like

Possible. She hasn’t shared that with me.

She just told me that my actions (going off meds) display that I dont care about her.

1 Like

That’s just not true. Shes taking it too personally. But I dont know how to explain that without sounding mean or like I dont care

Remember that she’s also off her meds, and her mood is likely affected by it. So is yours. What you’re both doing is a recipe for hurt feelings and treating each other badly.

1 Like

She said she went to the hospital but wouldn’t tell me why. I’m not sure if shes checking herself in or trying to get me in.

She told me shes checking herself in. :confused:

See, so that’s why she doesn’t want you to get off the meds. If you feel fine the meds are working!

1 Like

how does one go about faking an illness

you’d have to be a pretty good actor.

1 Like

Yeah this is exactly what I thought when I went off my meds and I ended up in the hospital. Don’t do it man get back in your meds. Your wife to

1 Like

They didnt admit her and she wants me to be evaluated as well so that’s our plan

I dont want the meds. I dont know what to do. I really dont want them

No one wants them

1 Like