Tell me about your diagnosis

I just have one diagnosis.

Schizophrenia

But first it was psychosis and then psychosis with a chronic trajectory and then sz.

I do take an antidepressant though.

1 Like

I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. The meds for this condition in particular suit me well. I’ve had my sza for a long time and it was thought I had sz or bipolar, but most hospitals diagnosed sz but then in 2018 it became clearer that my depressions fit the major mood episode criteria and so there’s a definite mood element so I have sza.

schizophrenia
agorophobia
i had eating disorder, anxiety and major depression as a teenager, a severe breakdown and never really recovered from all of it and the paranoia was something i tried to keep hidden and the voices but eventually it became more obvious to everyone and i was asked by managers at work questions like are you autistic etc? I was hugely in denial about mental illness but got dx aged 32 and was hospitalised. Then I kept overdosing and trying to end it for a few years was in resus and things but unsuccessfully so i was in and out of psych ward a few times. When i finally got admitted for 20 months straight and then went onto supported living and then moved back in with husband where we are now in a new town, new flat four years stayed out of hospital but still struggle everyday with various things

1 Like

SZ / Paranoid Subtype
Anxiety Disorder

1 Like

Sz
Major depressive
high general anxiety
bdd

Only in hospital once in last 35 years but prob should have been better about medicating over the years.

1 Like

Sza depressive
Depression
PTSD
Ocd

23yrs or so.

1 Like

I have bipolar 1 mixed type with psychosis.
Thats what my pdoc wrote down.

I get mixed mood episodes they suck lol. Thats what the mixed part of the dx means im guessing.
Imagine having tons of energy yet your just reaaally agitated and ragey.
Then add some psychosis.

1 Like

I have one, paranoid schizophrenia.
Been on different meds, short periods in ward.
Ups and downs.

1 Like

1992/now Mild learning disabilities
2010/2022 Schizoaffective disorder. Bipolar type, Been sectioned 13 times.
Attachment disorder

1 Like

Sza bipolar type. Insomnia also.

1 Like

To say SZA is meant to be rare there is many people on here with SZA.

2 Likes

I think SzA is actually more common than people think. I just don’t think there are enough studies on it compared to sz to determine how many people have it

2 Likes

I have sza disorder bi polar type/addiction/dissociative identity disorder. I have been hospitalized over 40 times and suffered a lot. I owe my problems to repressed sexuality and religious delusions which entailed delusions of grandeur. My addiction causes me to be extremely self destructive. My dissociative disorder started as a kid when I was religious. It was a totally dual experience, not Zen at all. I was as self indulgent as you can be a practically made myself mentally ill on purpose by pretending all my life to be crazy and using drugs though I knew it was suicide. I had a beautiful childhood and a rotten adulthood. My mother said I was the happiest child she had. I was very social but lived in my imagination. Thanks for your interest.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.