Teeth? No teeth?

I’m so torn between whether to get dentures or not. They’ll cost just under $1000. I’m managing fine without them. Makes me think it would just be a vanity thing and I dislike that thought. There are a few things I can’t eat that I miss but not much. Waffling.

3 Likes

I think teeths are important.

5 Likes

Mostly a function thing for me. I love eating crisps, popcorn, celery, radish, cucumber, and apple slices now. No way I could without the dentures. They gave me my quality of life back.

Also, being able to smile without looking like a hillbilly is good for the self-esteem.

5 Likes

I miss raw veggies and dip. Also sushi.

2 Likes

Just get the darn teeth! FYI, the first month or so will suck and then they’ll be good.

4 Likes

Get the teeth @FatMama . You are still young and an attractive lady. Having teeth will only enhance your beauty more and will be good for your self esteem and overall mental and physical health.

I am in the process of getting them too.

4 Likes

Got false teeth, cost £289 on the NHS. But i never wear them - unless im going out, which is rare - or i fancy peanuts.

Im of the age where im hardly on the pull for a man or a woman (most of the time lol) so i dont bother.

I would say its personal preference. People do say i look better with them tho.

3 Likes

A little vanity isn’t always a bad thing, you know. I would definitely get the teeth.

6 Likes

Yeah thats true. I guess its more important for a lady to have decent teeth.

1 Like

It really helps with eating better. You can’t eat a lot of raw or fresh fruits or vegetables if you’re just gumming it. I find that I tend towards eating stuff I shouldn’t if I have a day where I don’t wear my teeth.

5 Likes

You’d feel So much better about yourself with teeth. Even if you take them out to eat…

4 Likes

If I could afford them I would get them.

3 Likes

I agree with some commenters, above. I think the teeth with help your quality of life, and maybe boost your self esteem, too! :relaxed:

1 Like

I would get the dentures so you can eat more types of food

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.