Tattoos and the young people

Ive never liked tattoos but people can do what they want

1 Like

I have 3 all have great meaning to me. 2 on my arms and one on my leg. My sister has two sleeves that go all the way down to her hands and fingers. She got her collar bone up her neck and wants another. I have no idea where she is gonna fight it. Also my pdoc has a sleeve that goes down to her hand. I look at as its the only thing they cant take from me.

1 Like

Its freedom of art and expression and means a lot to people.

Personally I don’t want tattoos. I like seeing people with tattoos.

2 Likes

I don’t have any tattoos myself, but I’ve seen some pretty cool ones.

I’ve never come across anything I want on my body for the rest of my life.

1 Like

I mean hey if people want to ink themselves thats cool. I just hate needles and i dont want to draw attention to myself.
Some people get very big ones and some get ones that are more hidden.

1 Like

Some people look great in tats, others look trashy.

It’s like bling…some can pull it off while others can’t.

1 Like

If i tattoo an egg on my cheek it will look tough? :smiley:

1 Like

Many of the doctors, nurses, and other staff at the health centers I go to, have visible tattoos. I think it’s fine. Sometimes, I compliment one of their tattoos or ask what it means.

I only have one tattoo, a bunch of flowers on my abdomen. I would like more. Not a lot, just a few medium-large ones.

2 Likes

I heard tattoos keep you from being able to sweat.

I’ve never heard of that. :face_with_monocle: But that is interesting.

1 Like

I’m covered in tattoos. I have them on my arms, hands, chest, and knuckles. I want one on my neck, but that’s where it stops. I just couldn’t put one on my face, and I know knuckles and neck aren’t that far from being seen as more “intense” body art, I just couldn’t put it on my face. They say hands, neck, and face are the unemployment zones, but I haven’t had issues finding a job with my hands and knuckles tatted, but face just seems extreme, and even in the body art community it is seen as the ultimate point of no return.

Even with all of my body art and body mods, I still look at face tattoos with some bias.

4 Likes

It seems like society definitely has a more relaxed attitude about tattoos. I see just about everyone nowadays with at least a couple on them. Well with younger folks at least.

I remember growing up in the 80s tattoos were seen as a much more outlaw type of thing. Like something mostly for bikers, outlaws, and punk rockers.

I have five tattoos, only two are visible with a T-shirt. They all have personal and/or spiritual meaning to me.

I’ll never get tatted below the wrist or above the neck, but I don’t judge people who do.

3 Likes

Funny how society in general places judgement on those with tattoos.

And those who are tatted generally can give 2 shits about society’s judgement.

2 Likes

I have two tats, one on each forearm, both in Vulgate Latin, in Old German script. When I get some money I’m gonna get some more.

3 Likes

I disagree.

Most people have tattoos.

On this forum and in our culture IRL right now.

They are equally as insecure as the rest of us.

Tattoos aren’t the giant middle finger they used to be.

Most people get them.

And most people give a ■■■■ about being judged by society and their peers.

2 Likes

I agree with @Charles_Foster. It took me a while to understand that my tattoos matter to me, not anyone else, and that’s what’s important. Still, nasty comments are nasty comments, and I’m still human. I’m a LOT better at not taking it personally, but I still get that little bit of uncomfortable self reflection we all get when someone says something negative about our appearance. It’s a very natural reaction.

1 Like

I’m covered in tats - a sleeve, most of my other arm done, the back of my neck (under my hair), my shoulders, my leg & foot – when I have money, I have another one planned for my other calve.

BUT they can all be covered with work clothes. If I need to wear a suit or business dress, you’d never know I have any. And I prefer it that way. Maybe it’s because I’m older, I still don’t like how it looks to have visible tattoos with business dress. It looks unprofessional to me.

2 Likes

Blehhhhh got this when I was first diagnosed…
Nobody else gets it and I wish I never had it done :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t mind tattoos.
I have one myself.

But if someone has a lot of them, it seems like they lack impulse control.
And if someone gets them in very visible places, like hands, face or neck, I can’t help but feel it’s from a thirst for attention.

Tattoos are cool if they’re well thought out and meaningful.
Random tribal flames on the neck, or crudely drawn diamonds on the knuckles, don’t really point to a lot of intelligent consideration going on.

1 Like

Some people think very long and hard on their body modification. Many plan this out strategically and artistically.

Maybe humans all do the same thing. A lot want to stand out, differentiate, express ourselves through fashion, makeup, hair. Its an identitifer, identity we create.

Just look at human culture and history. We have always adorned ourselves.
A lot of modifications are borrowed from the past.

1 Like